Zelda. | Page 58 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tommie, Feb 20, 2010.

1. I got my switch today as well as BoTW and sorry for being a noob but i'm so amazed with everything. I think i've spent about 10 of the past 12 hours playing it and i've only just got the glide skill.

I've never been huge on Zelda but this is amazing
  2. That’s sort of what I did. I’m pretty sure activating all the towers was the first big goal I achieved in the game, and a couple of them were tough but manageable even with fairly low stamina and health, so I’d say go for it.
    ThisIsRogue likes this.
  3. I've just done everything at my own pace exploring where I wanna go, and seeing if I could deal with the towers along the way. Shrines are everywhere and as long as you do them as you find them, you can boost up your stamina pretty easily.
    truman, dodoriazarbon and ThisIsRogue like this.
  4. I've completed 13 shrines so far, so enough for 1 heart container and 2 stamina vessels. I'm at Hateno Village now so I'll complete the main quest that's brought me back here, then go back to exploring.

Can I just say that statue in this village upset me for a few minutes and I thought I'd wasted my spirit orbs.

I definitely plan on doing the shrines as I discover them and I'm planning to upgrade to at least a full second stamina wheel. I'm thinking I'll upgrade 2 stamina for every 1 heart, but I also know that at some point I'll need 13 hearts for something.

I'm reading back through the thread from when the game was first released, and it's nice to know that y'all took your time exploring Hyrule as well. Expect likes.
    truman and aaronhansome like this.
  5. RJF

I can now kill Guardians and Lynels pretty easily now. Especially since the latter's weapons sIay.
    aaronhansome and Jaamzz like this.
  6. I got absolutely slaughtered by a Lynel first time I met one after multiple attempts to kill it (before enhancing armour and several hearts ago) at the time I was like “oh I WILL be back and you will rue the day!!!”

I’ve yet to go back but when I do I will have my glorious revenge!!!
  7. That's what I did, and it made the game more enjoyable to open up the map. I found it better to keep it as a semi-vague mission though, letting myself get sidetracked by whatever I happened to discover on the way as well.

Some of the harder towers have multiple solutions, so bear that in mind.
  8. Me too. We totally need to check in when we do. Granted, I haven't played Zelda since before the first DLC released.
    Jaamzz and Tribal Spaceman like this.
  9. I'm off work with the flu so may jump back into this later roday if I'm feeling any better. I fear I'm going to have to seek help to find the remaining shrines because I can't remember where I was up to. I'd like to get them all found, and then finally tackle Ganon, before I go near the DLC.
  10. RJF

Bomb arrows and using the updraft created when their fireballs torch the grassland are your friend. Slo-mo arrow pummelling.
    dodoriazarbon and aaronhansome like this.
  11. Not Nintendo re-re-releasing Hyrule Warriors for Switch. As if they know that game basically got me back into gaming. DDDDD can I justify it? Can I? All the hours I put into the original one to only feel like I completed like...30% of it?
    Tribal Spaceman likes this.
  12. Hi all so I’ve beaten it! I can’t remember my exact words but I was initially hesitant of an open world game because I’m best at hand holding gaming but I can admit when I’m wrong.

So I have 2 questions really, I have completed the main story (4 beasts, captured memories) so is there anything else to really do? Also has anyone played the dlc and is it worth getting?
  13. I think I'm getting this in a week more on my birthday, and I'm so so excited. I've been waiting patiently to finish University so I can finally get my hands on this game.
  14. Finding all the shrines would be the obvious next step if you’ve not already done it. As for the DLC, I’ve really enjoyed both packs. The first pack was really challenging and the second was a lot of fun.
  15. I’m having shrine finders remorse, ibreallly wish I still had more to get/had taken longer to find them all.

It looks like I might be taking the plunge and getting the DLC then
    diamondliam likes this.
  16. There was a tower at a fair by my work that looked like one of the towers in the game and I instantly wanted to climb it and I thought jesus i play this game too much.
  17. Surprised you didn't go with an emulator.

Good for you, gurl.
    chriscrk likes this.
  18. I was really close to it. I partitioned my Mac to run windows and downloaded the Wii U emulator but never got around to downloading the actual game.

And I’m glad I didn’t. It would have been a shit experience. I can’t wait to play it in its original form.
  19. You've been edging for almost a year waiting to play this game. I think you'll have a blast! The combat, the puzzles, the exploration - everything is so satisfying.

I've become obsessed to the point that I can't stop thinking about it, all I want to do is play it, and I'm looking around at natural landmarks to see if they're good spots to paraglide from.
  20. Is this the greatest game ever?

The title certainly belongs to a Nintendo game either way...
    send photo likes this.