Zeroes To Heroes: The Disney Classics Rate (#80) | Page 45 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zeroes To Heroes: The Disney Classics Rate (#80)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Animalia, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

They're not quite up there with the Renaissance for me, but then.. the Pocahontas soundtrack was the first ever CD I bought. Which means for months it was the only thing I had on repeat. No new movie's gonna live up to the love I gained for some of those songs. As for Hercules... ooow

Animalia and alanmr like this.
  2. It's very hard to get an I Want Song that isn't completely insipid. "How Far I'll Go" pulls it off. Nice work, Mr. Miranda.

3. Aside from my crazy high scores for Frozen and Moana, Pocahontas is the only other movie to which I gave a 10, and I also gave a few 9s to anything Muse-related from Hercules, so it's not a complete disservice of the classics, but still.

Animalia and Mvnl like this.
  4. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Definitely the best in its genre since Part Of Your World (and gaining bonus points for not being about a guy)

5. Part of Your World would be so. much. better. without its reprise.

Animalia likes this.
  6. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

I hope 'muse-related' doesn't exclude the occasional non-muse lady stepping in to steal the lead.

[​IMG]

7. I Won't Say (I'm in Love).

kii

Animalia and Mvnl like this.
  8. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

This is a moment though.

[​IMG]

(It does bug me about that movie how her face looks different in pretty much any scene)

9. I'd say that is the moment. The single most iconic shot in the entire movie. But, yeah, she's a bit of an unintentional shapeshifter.

HollyDunnSomething, Animalia and Mvnl like this.
  10. Nnnnnñ at the last write-up semi-confirming the urban myth that gays can't whistle.

11. I've lost a 0, a 2, and 2 6s so far. Yay for me and my flop taste, apparently.

In other news:
    [​IMG]
    Is apparently supposed to be the attractive version of Ursula? She reminds me of a certain popstar...

12. I'll be using this explanation instead of just admitting I forgot to put any points in Dexterity when I made my character.

Animalia likes this.
  13. And me.

Animalia likes this.
  14. See the line where the sky meets the sea it calls me
    And no one knows, how far it goes
    If the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind me
    One day I'll know, if I go there's just no telling how far I'll go

[​IMG]

Serg., Animalia and alanmr like this.
  15. LOL! Loved the Bjork reference @Animalia

I'm happy with the eliminations at the moment... a bit surprised by Pinocchio

Animalia and kalonite like this.
  16. I'm just caught up and well done fellow Disunties, we've got rid of some real garbage.

Animalia, Mvnl and Mina like this.
  17. FUCKING HELP.

'HOW FAR I'LL GO' (TROPI-BOP VERSION) is slaying me.

Animalia, Mvnl and alanmr like this.
  18. It's been a treat to see @Mushroom's drunken descent into How Far I'll Go adoration. Let me spin it and we can do a sensate sing along.

Subwaykid, Mushroom, Animalia and 2 others like this.
  19. Probably way off base here but she reminds me of Charlotte Church facially.

Animalia, LKane and Mina like this.
  20. See the line where the sky meets the sea it calls me
    And no one knows, how far it goes

[​IMG]

If the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind me
    One day I'll know, if I go there's just no telling how far I'll go

[​IMG]

*atmospheric tropi-breakdown*

[​IMG]