Comments on Profile Post by VivaForever | The Popjustice Forum

Comments on Profile Post by VivaForever

1. Andy French
    Andy French
    Ain’t no question of honour here, I’m pleased
    Feb 6, 2018
  2. VivaForever
    VivaForever
    I'm convinced Dive is the best album Kate Bush never made. Fly is really frustrating because it has SUCH high highs and I'd love to hear her do more rock, but so much of it is... either half-assed or just really fucking mediocre.
    Feb 6, 2018
    Andy French likes this.
  3. Andy French
    Andy French
    That’s the thing with her, the albums are wildly inconsistent save for a handful - Dive is obvious but La Luna, Eden, Harem and Dreamcatcher are all rock solid too.
    Feb 6, 2018
  4. Andy French
    Andy French
    (And I’m never going to stop longing for a Kate Bush version of Captain Nemo now, damn it!)
    Feb 6, 2018
  5. VivaForever
    VivaForever
    Captain Nemo is the most obvious one, but there are a lot of points on Dive where her vocal similarity to Kate is shocking. Like, if I had not known who it was I would 100% have thought it was Kate Bush, wouldn't even have questioned.
    Feb 6, 2018
    Andy French likes this.
  6. VivaForever
    VivaForever
    I've listened to Harem once so far. It's good, but I think a little too gimmicky. I'll keep trying though. She actually managed to make me enjoy What a Wonderful World, so twelve points to you, Saint Sarah.
    Feb 6, 2018
    Andy French likes this.
  7. VivaForever
    VivaForever
    Also the lyrics to Once in a Lifetime make me so uncomfortable. I did not want to know that much about Sarah Brightman's sex life. Even if her idea of BDSM is pretty laughable.
    Feb 6, 2018
    Andy French likes this.
  8. VivaForever
    VivaForever
    Did she do any other rock songs like Why / How Can Heaven Love Me / A Question of Honour / Ghost in the Machinery?
    Feb 6, 2018
    Andy French likes this.
  9. Andy French
    Andy French
    After Eden she went in a more electronic direction for the most part. Symphony has some I think, but I honestly haven’t listened to it in years. I prefer my Brightman more ethereal, which could be why I’m drawing a blank
    Feb 6, 2018
    VivaForever likes this.
  10. Andy French
    Andy French
    And yeah, I can definitely see what you mean re: Harem - it gets dangerously close to beating you over the head with the concept, but pulls back just enough. Plus as lowkey corny as it is, The Journey Home is one of my favorite songs of hers
    Feb 6, 2018
  11. Andy French
    Andy French
    Oh @ my autocorrect putting Dreamcatcher when I meant DreamCHASER jeez
    Feb 6, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.