100 gecs | The Popjustice Forum

100 gecs

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by OspreyQueen, Jul 10, 2020.

1. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

Wasn't sure if these guys were too big for Potential Next Big Things, so I'm taking a chance on Pop & Justice for this thread.

100 gecs are a duo consisting of Laura Les and Dylan Brady, the latter of which produced Claws and Anthems by Charli. Their music is...interesting to say the least - kind of a mix of PC Music and YouTube Poop videos with heavily compressed audio. Their music's gained a lot of traction on the shitposty side of the internet in recent months.

Their debut album from last year 1000 gecs is a good starting point:

And they also released a remix album today (which happens to be double the length of the original album) featuring collabs with various up-and-coming Popjustice faves...and Fall Out Boy.

2. They’re amazing. Also I’m gonna need them to work with Craig Owens more because he sounds fantastic on the hand crushed by a mallet remix

3. I cannot stop listening to the Tommy Cash and Hannah Diamond remix.

OspreyQueen and cpr like this.
  4. Listening to this album made me feel old.

5. Wait, did they really not have a thread on here???

OspreyQueen likes this.
  6. The remix album is amazing. I don't know how they pulled Fall Out Boy into this but I'm here for it.

OspreyQueen, aux, Aidan and 3 others like this.
  7. Their collab with Felony Martinez... a moment most displeasing to me. I love their debut though, and unashamedly twitch along to both I wud nvrstop u and the straightforward Ringtone

BeingNormal and slaybellz like this.
  8. I appreciate them for like, provoking strong reactions in people but honestly all I hear is a slightly higher pitched Sleigh Bells.

9. I don't like them at all... just horrible

slaybellz likes this.
  10. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

I’m pretty sure they pulled out of it, thank god. Dylan apparently unfollowed Melanie after the collab was announced, so I honestly don’t think he at least was aware of the allegations.

BeingNormal, sesita and Cutlery like this.
  11. The album is... a bop

12. This is album is a major serve! I love the Charli’s Ringtone, Hannah’s Never Stop You and GFOTY’s Stupid Horse. It’s also made me re-appreciate the original Gec 2 U. It’s my second favourite album of the year so far.

13. Ok

14. Everything they do throws me all the way back to 2006/2007, so of course I stan

15. I love them so much. "I_wud_nverstop_U" and "hand crushed..." were always my favourite tracks, and the Tommy Cash and Hannah Diamond remix is amazing.

Dreampopboy, Jones322 and ally mcbeal like this.
  16. It’s crazy how the remix album is just as interesting as “1000 gecs.” Their approach to music really brings out something different in the people they work with/who work with them.

17. I love how they used their breakaway success to uplift their peers with this project. Fallout Boy aside it seems they purposefully chose artists they admire/are from the same scene as them. It was great to see the OG PC crowd killing it and this album is like a definitive collection of what the genre has to offer.

18. Only listened to a few tracks of the remix album but the Tommy Cash remix track slaps so fucking much.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.