R

Resi12

Re: Clothes

steste said:
I think someone needs to take my debit card off of me. I go into Topman and River Island, end up buying stuff four times a week. I spent £200 on some male UGGS off of Shuch.com and am now regretting it, they're not even here yet.

Preach! I got these yesterday for €107 and now I am broke for the rest of the week. They're so worth it though.

he/him

Resi12 said:
I just got a great winter navy jacket in Penneys which has surprisingly good material, well better than most crap they sell there. The buttons must go though, a bit of haberdashery is well in order.

Penneys/Primark is not so bad. I needed a jacket in short notice a few weeks ago and with the thought it'd be something I'd never wear again I headed to Primark as not to waste my money. Actually found a jacket fit for the purpose and I've worn it more than once. The material is pretty good, better than a lot of stuff they sell.

First of all, why the fuck are Blazers so damn expensive like every where you go, bitches be acting like they are lined with diamonds.

Also, anyone else wear skinny jeans? I need some help, what type of shoes do you were with them? Usually during the winter, I never wear them, because I just don't know what type of shoes go with them, and I NEVER wear tennis shoes of any type. So during the summer, and fall (I'm in Florida) I just match them with my regular/gladiator sandals. What advice do you all have? I also have alot of boots, but I tend to wear those with my bootcuts.

Mr Telephone Man said:
First of all, why the fuck are Blazers so damn expensive like every where you go, bitches be acting like they are lined with diamonds.

Amen, I hear ya sister. There seems to be endless amount of expensive Military Blazers.

he/him

Mr Telephone Man said:

Also, anyone else wear skinny jeans? I need some help, what type of shoes do you were with them? Usually during the winter, I never wear them, because I just don't know what type of shoes go with them, and I NEVER wear tennis shoes of any type. So during the summer, and fall (I'm in Florida) I just match them with my regular/gladiator sandals. What advice do you all have? I also have alot of boots, but I tend to wear those with my bootcuts.

Have you tried a second hand shop or even eBay? I know there's a stigma about shopping second hand (maybe that's not universal) but you may find a blazer that's decent quality and relatively cheap.

Converse, sandals and boots with skinny jeans. I can't think of much else that would suit?

R

Resi12

steste said:
Mr Telephone Man said:

Amen, I hear ya sister. There seems to be endless amount of expensive Military Blazers.

Me too, I mean €90 here for a good one and usually there worth about half. They're so plain for the most part, I don't get why they are so expensive when you can get a jacker for under 60.

Mr Telephone Man said:

See I quite like the 'big shoes with skinny jeans' thing, I know it can look a bit... Ugg-y, though.

Lately, I've been wearing these with them:

http://www.jdsports.co.uk/product/nike-air-force-1-hi/32917/,

]http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33056&storeId=12555&productId=1914791&langId=-1&categoryId=&searchTerm=boots&pageSize=20&refinements=Colour{1}~[black]

http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33056&storeId=12555&productId=462360&langId=-1&categoryId=&searchTerm=hudson&pageSize=20

Mr Telephone Man said:
Those last pair of shoes are REALLY cute, totally my style!

thinking about it, I took a pic a while ago of me wearing some v. similar ones WITH skinny jeans. I am so 'on topic' right now.

2dcgvgy.jpg

P.S. the ghastly furry robe in the background is obviously not the property of a 'fashionista'* such as myself

*SO NOT

Oh my God I'm in love with you right now, I can't even see the full outfit but I totally approve!!

I think I'm going to buy those shoes. I bought a pair of Robert Wayne boots, that are so cute, and I wore them with my skinny jeans today and they really looked good, so I'm pleased! But those shoes are so cute!!

Mr Telephone Man said:
Oh my God I'm in love with you right now, I can't even see the full outfit but I totally approve!!

I think I'm going to buy those shoes. I bought a pair of Robert Wayne boots, that are so cute, and I wore them with my skinny jeans today and they really looked good, so I'm pleased! But those shoes are so cute!!

You shouldn't fall in love with People On The Internet so easily, I could be hideous. Of course I happen to be incredibly attractive IRL, but you just got lucky.

The full outfit was I think, looking at that, a grey pullover (Uniqlo) and black button-down shirt. Not flashy but worked pretty well.

I do have jeans other than skinny ones (slim fit, not boot cut, which are preposterous), but they just look so... big when I team them with any of my shoes, so I just tend to wear them around the house.

I just can't get into the whole cardigan thing. Maybe it's because I'm old enough to remember buying stuff like that for my auntie circa 1988.

The problem with cardigans is that I end up buying them, and never wearing them more than a few times. It has to be for the right occasion. I do love that design though, Resi.

Is it just me or are shoe sizes changing? I used to be a size 9, but recently I have been buying size 7's! I find it very strange that my feet appear to be shrinking.

How do Topman T-Shirts fit, if I wear an XS in Urban Outfitters tees, should I go for an XXS or an XS at Topman?

I bought an XXS shirt before from ASOS, and it was wearable, but very tight........

R

Resi12

steste said:
The problem with cardigans is that I end up buying them, and never wearing them more than a few times. It has to be for the right occasion. I do love that design though, Resi.

Thank you! It arrived there Thursday last and I love it already, it's gorgeous and I also saved about €26 by buying it online. It is insane the way Topman rip off ROI consumers.

airhostess said:
Is it just me or are shoe sizes changing? I used to be a size 9, but recently I have been buying size 7's! I find it very strange that my feet appear to be shrinking.

I used to be an 11 but now I am finding to be a ten more and more so perhaps..?

Mr Telephone Man said:
How do Topman T-Shirts fit, if I wear an XS in Urban Outfitters tees, should I go for an XXS or an XS at Topman?

I bought an XXS shirt before from ASOS, and it was wearable, but very tight........

X-X-S? Wow, you must be tiny! Topman is usually small in sizes (only place I know they stock 26" trousers) so I would go for an XXS but I'm only 60% sure on that..?

Yeah, Topman is so tiny. For example, if you're a Medium in any other clothing store, go for a Large in Topman.

I do know someone who wore XXS from Topman but he didn't eat. He looked like an ultra-anorexic version of Russel Brand.