Re: Clothes

Without sounding like a broken unfashionable record, I don't think I could ever spend £1000 on a coat, haha.

Jawshx said:
Without sounding like a broken unfashionable record, I don't think I could ever spend £1000 on a coat, haha.

I've done that a few times and never regretted it. I bought a McQueen duffle coat 5 years ago and it still looks amazing + gets compliments. Much better than spending a couple of hundred here and there on high street (or, god forbid, something with 'SuperDry' stitched on it... shudders)

D

Deleted member 3416

Jawshx said:
Yeah I don't think I could spend a thousand on something like that unless I had to. But if I was a millionare it'd be a different story. Fashion is expensive.

I had the best shopping trip ever before!

Well, best in a while. I got a Ben Sherman cardigan that was £70 for £10. A Bilabong Polo shirt that was £40 for £20. And a Next shirt that was £18 for £14. Rather happy with my purchases today!

vasilios said:
Are there sales in London right now?

You've just missed the Selfridges sale, at least I think it's finished now. Other than that there are sales everywhere!

I just bought myself some new underwear, was waiting at the counter while they removed the security tags and was most surprised to find the shop assistant sniffing it. I have never seen anyone that embarrassed when I asked him what he was doing. Apparently they smell of new trainers.

There was actually some semblance of a sale on in my local Primark recently. And I don't mean just last seasons shit stuff, almost all of their shirts were reduced to £3 and I couldn't really help myself and bought five.

I know. I know. But still, the fabric is surprisingly good quality for Primark.

Classy old people. You should never be afraid of looking smart, that coat is a classic and will last for years.

That said, I'd never spend that amount on clothes. I'll just buy knock-off versions from Primark/H&M that last a couple of months before disintegrating in the wash. False economy I suppose.