. | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Cervoriaeff Bop, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Re: Clothes

Totally gutted. Yesterday I broke two of the belt loops on my favourite jeans so now they totally dont stay up. Also, they lost their skinny-ness over time. And they don't sell them anymore. I work in the shop that sells them, going to have to keep an eye out for any similar ones getting delivered. Seriously, I wish I'd bought two pairs!

2. Re: Clothes

Those are hot!

3. Re: Clothes

I've started buying pretty much all of my clothes from River Island, somewhere I used to advoid like the plague, but the belted dresses are very cute and reasonably priced. The shoes and bags are amazing but quite expensive.

The jeans are still horrific though, all chains and stonewashed and holes in the knees. I can only buy jeans in Topshop's petite range cos I'm barely 5"2. Actually, even they are too long for me... :(

4. Re: Clothes

Lovely!

5. Re: Clothes

I need to find the skirt Emily wore in Skins when she was at the psychiatric clinic, and her green shorts from the second episode...

She is my new style icon.

6. Re: Clothes

The green shorts were by Motel.

7. Re: Clothes

Yes but I can't find them on the Motel website.

I need them.

8. Re: Clothes

I've gone ahead and got them this morning. Sunglasses over the internet is so risky, but I've had substantial success in the past, so I hope this turns out the same way!

9. Re: Clothes

God this thread makes me want to shop. Find it funny that the whole "guys in skinnys" debate was aired. I have to say I was firmly against them until I finally gave in this summer and I'm not looking back. They are so much more comfortable and they actually flatter my legs alot more. I think in a wierd way that make guys look more masculine.

10. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Re: Clothes

Those sunglasses are so expensive!

And there was me thinking £15 was excessive.

11. Re: Clothes

But they're investments! Frames like that can last forever, and if you take good care of them you won't ever need to replace them. I take good care of my eyewear and, though I get new pairs frequently, my old pairs are always in good enough condition that I can keep on wearing them for years (all I need to do is get the prescription changed sometimes).

On the other hand, I have plenty of friends who sit on their sunglasses twice a week. So they're much better off with the cheap sunglasses. But it all depends on how anal-retentive you are about your things.

12. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Re: Clothes

Well I suppose if you buy two pairs, one being a retro 70s type style and the other being something more modern, you can rotate them each year as fashions change.

13. Re: Clothes

I found The Emily Skirt (or rather an imitation of The Emily Skirt) in Primark today for six pounds. Bargainous.

14. Re: Clothes

The problem with cheap sunglasses, I find, is that I don't look after them - I lose or break so many pairs I probably would be better getting one pricey pair and actually caring about them. So that's what I did last year - got some Diesel ones for £100 (but naturally i'm scared to take them out of the flat in case anything happens to them.)

Oh yeah and pricey ones have those special UV lens thingybobs.

15. Re: Clothes

Well, clearly us ladies seem to be a tad outnumbered, and what with all the Topshop love....but I am currently crushing very, very hard on this dress;

[​IMG]

A thing of beauty.

16. Re: Clothes

That dress is the sex.

17. Re: Clothes

Isn't it?! It's by a brand called Stop Staring! <--- exclamation included. They do the most beautiful dresses, swing coats, rockabilly dresses...honestly, I would buy everything they made if I could. They are a liiiiitle expensive though. I'm genuinely saving up for one! I need that kind of dress in my life.

18. Re: Clothes

Yes, yes you do. I'm also a sucker for pencil skirts.

One of my friends dresses rockabilly retro style and consistently looks amazing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.