13 Reasons Why | Page 28 | The Popjustice Forum

13 Reasons Why

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Dangerous Maknae, Jan 25, 2017.

aux, Nadine Is My BFF and superglowy like this.
  2. Thank you :D

Lost Boy likes this.
  3. Absolutely hated season two, but this trailer got me perched. I hope Bryce was killed by his girlfriend.

4. Another Netflix show essentially cancelled a tad early. With everything they already cancelled, plus ‘Orange’ ending, now this and ‘Stranger Things’ most likely ending at Season 4 or 5, Netflix may wanna pull back on their bloodlust a tad.

5. They're really gonna give us Riverdale 2.0

6. Early?! With 99.9% of people thinking it should’ve stayed a limited series?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    Smooth Criminal, Rob, aux and 6 others like this.
  7. Oh I don’t give a shit about this being cancelled, but if a massive pop culture hit like ‘13 Reasons Why’ can’t get past Season 4, our Netflix original favs are truly fucked.

LPMA likes this.
  8. I think this is a case of them knowing this show doesn't need to go beyond Season 4, which is smart of them.

9. Thanks I thought I was the only one

lushLuck likes this.
  10. LiK

LiK

The producers of the show said in the past 5 seasons were the ceiling for the show anyways. I don't really think every show needs many seasons. A lot of the producers that pitches to Netflix already know how many seasons they want going in, it doesn't always work out, but you'd be surprised most aren't interested in going beyond 3 - 5 seasons either. That's why the producer of House of Cards left since he wanted to end it at 4 seasons but Netflix wanted more.

lushLuck likes this.
  11. I thought the trailer was fake upon first viewing. It looks cheap as hell.

12. It's just the new season announcement; it doesn't actually include any footage from the show.

13. Fair point. The whole vibe of it threw me off, just didn’t feel remotely like the same show as S1 or 2.

14. I screamed when they revealed it was a whodunnit with Bryce being the victim! So happy this is the plot for this season. Couldn’t have happened to a better person and literally everyone is a suspect. Hope we get some amazing twists and turns - I’m sure we will.

Mvnl, aniraz and lushLuck like this.
  15. I'm surprised this got a Season 2, let alone a Season 4.

unnameable likes this.
  16. I would let Dylan Minnette fully blow my ass out to the point it is no longer functional.

That is all.

Lioncourt likes this.
  17. aux

aux

I kind of am, but at the same time I'm not. The show is widely problematic but has clearly succeeded in the way Netflix wanted. Netflix works really smartly when it comes to their renewals and cancellations. Essentially, they don't really care about views. Sure, they're important, but they're not the #1 priority. Netflix wants to create shows that will expand their subscribers and maintain them. They don't want something like what NOW TV does, where people used to get a pass just for when Game of Thrones was on and then cancel it once the show finishes. Netflix wants people to stay, and 13 Reasons Why amongst other TV shows, is one of those shows that brought a big amount of subscribers and kept them. It also 'completes' their slate when it comes to having something for everyone in the family; I cannot name any other 'high-budget' teen drama that Netflix produces from the ground up that does as well.

Rob likes this.
  18. I hated season 2 so much that I don't have any desire to watch this anymore. And I made this thread nn.

19. Honestly, it’s pretty big Netflix even wanted it back for season 4. Even if you ignore all the intense controversy around it and the huge wave of furious calls for it to be cancelled every time it makes any kind of news, Netflix cancels most of their original shows once they hit 3 seasons because the way their deals are set up, they become so much more expensive to make. 13RW already became more expensive for them last year when the cast negotiated big pay raises right before season 3 started filming, and if I remember correctly their deals stipulated that they would get a further raise if they got a season 4. It's only ever worth it to Netflix to go further than 3 seasons if the shows are REALLY big hits for them.

That's why I think @lushLuck is right, and this is really a case of it just being time to end it rather than it being cancelled. They got 4 seasons out of one book when really, they finished telling the story of the book in season 1 (Though I’m not sorry at all they continued, I think they were in no way done telling the stories of the rest of the Tapes gang after season 1 ended.), and they’re following the kids right up to graduation in season 4 according to Netflix. I’m personally sad it’s ending, just because I really like the show, but I’m also glad they’re not dragging it out and running it into the ground, trying to eke out like 7 seasons, coming up with new tragedy or dark situation to pour on these kids season after season, ending on cliffhangers every season, only to be cancelled without a proper ending as a result of it not knowing it was coming, as so often happens. This way they know well ahead of time and can end it all properly and tie up loose ends and hopefully craft a proper, really satisfying ending.

And count me among those who LOVES the trailer. I was already looking forward to season 3 but now I’m REALLY intrigued.

berserkboi, aniraz, LiK and 1 other person like this.
  20. For me Season 2 already was tough to get through so I don't know if I can take another one.

Rob likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.