13 Reasons Why

I would have preferred if Bryce just

jumped in the river instead of being thrown in. Show how everybody still hates him and at that point he loses any will to live and bye. It would have been more in line with "everybody's complicit" theme too. Alex straight up killing somebody and going to school like it's normal is a scream. His father behaviour at the end too. What a mess.

I would have preferred if Bryce just

jumped in the river instead of being thrown in. Show how everybody still hates him and at that point he loses any will to live and bye. It would have been more in line with "everybody's complicit" theme too. Alex straight up killing somebody and going to school like it's normal is a scream. His father behaviour at the end too. What a mess.
Alex being the killer wasn't a surprise to me. I had him or monty pegged to be the killers from half way through tbe season. Alex has always been irrational and has anger management issues, coupled the steroid usage which can amplify ones anger issues, i'm not suprised. But, the execution was beyond clunky and absolutely ruined so many characters in the process.

As for his father, in season one Alex said his father is kinda cop "who makes things goes away" so not shocked he knew it was Alex all along but covered it up. He probably did it for his own self preservation.

Last edited:
This took me so long to finish. Truly a joyless, largely irredeemable trudge. It really is the embodiment of the growing Netflix criticism of ‘just because you can do 13 one-hour episodes, doesn’t mean you should’.

Ani being Dawn Summers’d into the show was not as jarring as I thought it might be. The problem with her character was she acted as a human plot device for the first 7 or so episodes. For the remainder of the season, her dialogue was so invasive and loaded with narcissism, she really became completely implausible as a character.

I actually think the redemption of Bryce had a powerful message in there had they handled it better. The idea that no one is evil and no act can be unforgivable is so important and could be really powerful, uncomfortable and thought-provoking for the viewer. Unfortunately, they really approached it with a sledgehammer and confused any moral lesson with

Monty being framed for murder and Alex carrying no real remorse or guilt for killing another human being. The cast collectively going “oh, that’s sad but it worked out for us” and moving on 5 minutes later really just confirms they are all... horrible people.

Not really sure where they go from here. There does not really seem to be 13 hours of stories left to tell about any of the characters. Worst of all is that Both Bryce’s mother and Monty had the most compelling character development this season, and apparently the road has reached an end on both.

Last edited:
Am only on EP 3 of the third season. Ani overload is doing my head in. There was a spell in this episode where she appeared to be on screen non stop for about 20 minutes. Whenever different characters would be appear in new scenes, she immediately turned up in those too!

The way the show is shot, out and sequence and in different time frames, meant she never got a proper introduction to the show and just appeared in scenes with characters, as far as we know, she had no knowledge of. The overall effect was of a very persistent extra not taking the hint.

As much as I dislike the character, I can’t blame the actress who is only doing her job. It’s the writers that are at fault. What on earth possessed them to give someone the audience had no knowledge of such a massive part of the show? She even narrates the stinking thing! What a huge misstep the whole season is! I can only hope she isn’t in the final season.

Last edited:
I FINALLY watched this and

MY GOD, that Ari is so fucking annoying, like some fly on the wall. The way she talked to Standall is laughable, who the hell would ever talk to a cop like that, 17 year girl at that? Clay was also really annoying at times, like everything revolves around him and him and Ari acting like some detectives didn't help either.

I liked Jessie's and Tyler's arcs, that was great. Not sure about Bryce's but I didn't see him as a victim though, he was TRYING to make things better but not really succeeding, he IS still an ass, that ultimately got him killed - if he hadn't ranted about Zach Alex probably wouldn't have pushed him. But I don't see anything wrong in him at least trying to change though.

Also, no need for 4th season, so stupid.

I FINALLY watched this and

MY GOD, that Ari is so fucking annoying, like some fly on the wall. The way she talked to Standall is laughable, who the hell would ever talk to a cop like that, 17 year girl at that? Clay was also really annoying at times, like everything revolves around him and him and Ari acting like some detectives didn't help either.

I liked Jessie's and Tyler's arcs, that was great. Not sure about Bryce's but I didn't see him as a victim though, he was TRYING to make things better but not really succeeding, he IS still an ass, that ultimately got him killed - if he hadn't ranted about Zach Alex probably wouldn't have pushed him. But I don't see anything wrong in him at least trying to change though.

Also, no need for 4th season, so stupid.
I’m still staggered at how much Ari ruined this season.

As for the 4th season. Heaven knows what it will be about. As you say, there’s no real need for it.

I’m still staggered at how much Ari ruined this season.

As for the 4th season. Heaven knows what it will be about. As you say, there’s no real need for it.
I guess they showed the weapons and Monty's lover showing up on purpose for season 4 which is dumb, they just keep draging things on and on.

I guess they showed the weapons and Monty's lover showing up on purpose for season 4 which is dumb, they just keep draging things on and on.
I suppose. But surely they won’t bring Ani back.. The response to that character was brutal. I actually felt sorry for the actor who played her. I’m thinking maybe Ani will ‘move away’ between seasons 3 and 4..

I suppose. But surely they won’t bring Ani back.. The response to that character was brutal. I actually felt sorry for the actor who played her. I’m thinking maybe Ani will ‘move away’ between seasons 3 and 4..
I hope that happens because she was so annoying. You are right, its really not actresses fault, the character is. I hope Clay doesn't mope about it forever haha!

Seasons 2 and 3 did the impressive trick of making me hate almost every character of the series so... I think I'll pass on #4
Season 2 and 3 of Stranger Things did the same thing to me. Particularly the latter which had the normally likeable David Harbour as Hopper overacting and screeching like a pantomime dame. I doubt I’ll watch the 4th season..

I was watching the show with my mom and brother and for a long time my mom was convinced Ani is product of Clay's imagination since it was absurd that she was that noisy and many never thought to tell her to fuck off, they even willingly answered her dumb questions. I actually considered that myself and the only thing that made that weird is, if she was imaginary we wouldn't see her scenes with mom or her talking to anybody else without Clay being there. But that just shows how bad she was as a character.

And hey, it wouldn't even be weird if she was imaginary considering Clay saw Hannah's ghost for a long time.

I was watching the show with my mom and brother and for a long time my mom was convinced Ani is product of Clay's imagination since it was absurd that she was that noisy and many never thought to tell her to fuck off, they even willingly answered her dumb questions. I actually considered that myself and the only thing that made that weird is, if she was imaginary we wouldn't see her scenes with mom or her talking to anybody else without Clay being there. But that just shows how bad she was as a character.

And hey, it wouldn't even be weird if she was imaginary considering Clay saw Hannah's ghost for a long time.
Grace Saif famously deleted her Instagram account last year, but returned last month.