1st Semi-final | The Popjustice Forum

1st Semi-final

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by Rooneyboy, May 6, 2014.

1. Anyone watching?

2. I watched the first five...what are Jedward doing there again!?

3. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

That Amazing song was the most catchy one for me thusfar.
    Hubba hubba for the leadsinger from island.
    Sanna looks about 10 years beyond her years.

What. A. Stage.
    With the amount of spectacle going on we (the Netherlands) will either not stand a chance at all, or really stand out.
    Truly hoping for the latter because Ilse's really one of the most lovely and talented singers we got.

4. Bloody Jedward. Meh.

Sweden is the only entry so far that I really like. Russia's was pretty good but lacked something.

5. Rob

Rob

I haven't followed this year's Eurovision that closely, but is the general consensus that the quality of entries so far is seriously poor this year? Even by Eurovision standards it’s dreadful. Sweden and Armenia are the only decent songs so far.

6. Yep I can agree with that, all very disappointing so far.

7. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Thusfar it's all so Eurovision by numbers I actually think we might stand a chance.
    But then, it took me about 5 listens for our song to click with me..

8. I liked the Netherlands but I don't think it will get the votes to get through. Hope I'm wrong.

9. All been very boring.

I still don't get why that girl is representing Sweden when they had Alcazar with their disco gem.

10. I've been bored for most of this semi final. There hasn't been a song I'd want on my iPod yet.

11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I'm not overly confident, but thing is.. the votes for people who like 'your typical eurovision song' will be spread over about 10 songs, while people who like something a bit more traditional/laidback might all vote for this... I hope.

12. Estonia and Sweden are my favourites so far. I'm looking forward to Israel in the second semifinal too.

All the 'folky' Netherlands entries of the past few years make me cringe. Not my style at all.

13. Netherlands was obviously one of the best to be honest.

14. The Netherlands was not my cup of tea, but it wasn't as boring as I thought it would be. I voted for Estonia.

15. Do I dare say that this is Valentina's best entry of the past 3 years? The woman is crazy but I'm actually OK with her song this year.

16. It definitely stood out for me, for the right reasons.

17. Russia not very popular are they?

18. Their 'message of love' is rather ironic in too many ways...

19. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

YES YES YES.
    I seriously got goosebumps. Ilse deserves it, even if just for waving the flag with a smile like a lunatic while she was close to not making it.

20. I really don't care for more than half of the songs that made it through.

Although watching the summary, it's a nicer group of songs than I thought.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.