2 Years+ since 'Supernature'! | The Popjustice Forum

2 Years+ since 'Supernature'!

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by xrxyxaxnx, Dec 12, 2007.

1. What a stunning album, helping Golfrapp break into mainstream pop.
    While it feels less sleazy than Black Cherry (the sleaze being the reason i ADORE BC) Supernature still has that electro undertone, and the breathtaking ballads similar to Felt Mountain.
    Favourite Songs: Ooh La La, Lovely 2 See You (very Prince-y with the number in there!), Ride A White Horse, Satin Chic, U Never Know, Koko, Number 1
    Any other thoughts?

2. It's very pop, in a good way. Number 1 was so sweet and funny. One song that has aged well for me is Slide In, which seems much more tremendous now than it did at the time.

I also love that they've followed this CD with something so different.

3. Although initially I thought it was a masterpiece, over time the songs have lost their shine and I don't listen to any of the songs anymore (with the exception of the Mum remix of Number 1).

The thing I loved about Felt Mountain and Black Cherry was that although you may have initially looked past many of the tracks because they weren't instant, they slowly grew into something that was spectacular.

With Supernature the appeal was instant, but after a while there was nothing more to gain from them. It's a bit like glitter - lovely at first but ultimately just tiny pieces of shiny plastic.

Or something like that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.