2011 US #1 Singles Rate RESULTS: WINNER!

Untitled-1_zpsaa8fed6c.jpg

We're going back in time.
The rules of the rate involve you rating each song of a scale of 0-10 with a zero representing something terrible and a ten representing a great song (half marks/decimals are allowed)
PM your votes to me by midnight GMT on Nov 12th.

//Edit: Please vote for the versions that hit #1! That means S&M with Britney and ET with Kanye!

A total of 14 songs graced the top spot during 2011.

Katy Perry - Firework
Bruno Mars - Grenade
Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me
Maroon 5 feat. Christina Aguilera - Moves Like Jagger
Adele - Someone Like You
Wiz Khalifa - Black and Yellow
Lady Gaga - Born This Way
Katy Perry feat. Kanye West - E.T. (Remix)
Rihanna feat. Britney Spears - S&M (Remix)
Adele - Rolling In The Deep
Pitbull feat. Ne-Yo, Afrojack and Nayer - Give Me Everything
LMFAO feat. Lauren Bennett and GoonRock - Party Rock Anthem
Katy Perry - Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)
Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris - We Found Love

Last edited:
Re: 2011 US #1 Singles Rate

Color me excited. A top three of Hold It Against Me, Someone Like You and E.T. needs to happen.

He / Him / His

If 'We Found Love' wins this (which I don't think it will anyway), I'll not be happy. What an utterly basic song.

Excited - I have a good idea of what I'm scoring highly and some that may get some...harsh treatment.

RainOnFire

Staff member

Obvious bottom 3 is Party Rock Anthem, Give Me Everything and Grenade, am I right?

Bless Dr Luke for knowing how to pull off a last chorus. It really saves Hold It Against Me.

I'm done - there are some that I would have scored higher in 2011 and lower in 2011 but overall it was a good bunch. I'm surprised that my lowest score was a five and certain songs were giving me life like they never did before so my scores are fairly interesting.

I feel like I've heard these songs as many times as they've been viewed on YouTube.

matthew.

Staff member
He/Him

I'd honestly put S&M and Black and Yellow below Grenade.

I'd put S&M below most tracks on this rate. But that version didn't hit number one.

I'd put S&M (Britmix) Above most of the tracks on this rate.

And I will~

I'd put S&M below most tracks on this rate. But that version didn't hit number one.

I'd put S&M (Britmix) Above most of the tracks on this rate.

And I will~

Oh, I wanted to point that out, you vote for the versions that went number one, that means S&M with Britney and ET with Kanye.

RainOnFire

Staff member

I was under the impression that the forum hated Grenade! Maybe that was Just the Way You Are, oops. It isn't in my personal bottom 3.

Also, does anyone else find it tragic that the year has 52 weeks and there were only 14 #1 singles?

He / Him / His

The video mix, featuring both Kanye's rap and Katy's flawless middle-eight, is clearly the definitive version of 'E.T' people.