2019 BRIT Awards | The Popjustice Forum

2019 BRIT Awards

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Robert, Nov 26, 2018.

1. (Sorry I couldn’t see a thread for this already).

So the host for the 2019 BRIT Awards has just been announced as Jack Whitehall again. https://www.officialcharts.com/char...l-return-to-host-the-brit-awards-2019__24807/

What does everyone think?
    He did a pretty good job last year. I loved his interactions with Little Mix.

Early predictions for nominees?

The awards show takes place on Wednesday 20th February 2019.

Island likes this.
  2. Jack done a good job so I’m here for it.

3. I've always had a weird crush on Jack so I'm here for it.

Island likes this.
  4. GRMusic likes this.
  5. Rina’s been robbed.

jordxn likes this.
  6. I find the Brits ageist and sexist and generally find my blood pressure going up just at the thought of the nominations. Best British Female is almost certainly Jess Glynne, Rita Ora, Anne Marie and Lily Allen which just bores me to tears. Would love Kim Wilde to be recognised but that wont happen. International female really should include Kacey Musgraves and Robyn if there is any justice.

7. Who, Who, and Who?
    At least this year only one has released an album actually worthy of a BRIT award sorry Rita.

slaybellz likes this.
  8. The only thing I'm interested in is another Little Mix performance.

9. 2014

2014 Moderator

isn't this the point of the Critic's Choice award though

10. I need the HAIM sistren to troll some more this year.

[​IMG]

11. One Kiss is taking the British Single of the Year, yaaas.

Robert likes this.
  12. All I and the world needs is Little Mix to win British Group. But no doubt institutionalised misogyny and preference for beige all male groups will give Cumford and Bums or Shite-een75 the win. Would also accept Years and Years but they don’t have a hope in hell.

Vasilios likes this.
  13. I'm waiting for someone to justify Mumford or the 1975 winning because they're "authentic" and "actually play real instruments" I'm just waiting.

slaybellz, Blue6010 and LegoLand2.0 like this.
  14. The 1975 would 100% deserve it teebs

15. "CUMFORD AND BUMS" OH MY LANTA.

(Also, The 1975's album is legit great so I wouldn't be bothered at them winning, as obnoxious as Matty Healy often is)

16. I wouldn't mind The 1975 winning, it's just all the putdowns against girl groups that come with bands like them winning that make me resistant towards them winning awards like this.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 7:11 PM
  17. [​IMG]
    Footage of me waiting.

inevitable and Subspace88 like this.
  18. Two of them are great. Lewis Capaldi is one of my favorite artists right now.

19. The 1975 are one of the best pop acts on Earth. Please don't embarrass yourself further.

Kirkland and kermit_the_frog like this.
  20. And any way, even if I didn't like them, stating an opinion isn't embarrassing. So, thank u, next.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.