2019 BRIT Awards | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

2019 BRIT Awards

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Robert, Nov 26, 2018.

1. I get what they’re doing with Hugh Jackman opening it. If you look at British music sales from the last 12 months, The Greatest Showman has dominated so it’s only right they celebrate it at the BRITs. However, the rest of the performance lineup at present is really bland.

I think there are a few performers still to be announced. There are always a couple of acts they try to keep under wraps until the days before. It would surprise me if they’re not throwing money at Ariana Grande to perform. I also think Queen might pop up for a Bohemian Rhapsody moment. If Sam Smith is going to be there anyway for the Calvin megamix, fly Normani over for the first performance of Dancing With a Stranger.

Heck, if they’re really struggling get Lewis Capaldi and Freya Ridings to perform a duet of Footloose in a tribute to Pan’s People or something, anything to make that lineup look vaguely interesting.

D.Jay likes this.
  2. 2014

2014 Moderator

neither do Little Mix to be fair based on this era. Team anyone but Arctic Monkeys though

slaybellz and Booers like this.
  3. P!NK will phone it in accompanied by some circus stuff and everything of hers will smash. I don't think she's ever done any of that on UK TV before so your Mum will be shook.

4. For still delivering a brilliant album and performances while their management/label situation is imploding, is why they deserve it. Plus the lone females in the category...

[​IMG]

5. It really was... limp.

6. They deserved it the past 2-3 years too.

7. I feel the same with Little Mix as well. But if they do win then good for them.

P'NutButter likes this.
  8. Less then a week to go and this show remains a mess:

• No new performers announced or to be announced
    • Also I've just heard instead the Calvin songs being an all in one mash up of the songs they are full performances of each song, so the show is more or less the Calvin Harris show....

9. RJF

RJF

It really shows that the show and the awards in general are sorely in need of expanding the international categories again. What's the incentive for international talent to turn up? Who the fuck wants to see Jess Glynne perform?

10. 2014

2014 Moderator

It feels like the BRITs can't be arsed anymore, the adverts are probably as good as the show is going to be!

11. She's on after Jess Glynne. She could perform comatose and the bar would still be raised.

kermit_the_frog likes this.
  12. 2014

2014 Moderator

Wait Jess Glynne's been confirmed? Not that I'm upset or anything but it's weird there's no sign of Anne-Marie (unless I've missed something) since she's got the most noms? Why struggle to fit her in Album of the Year if she's not going to perform??

Superloves likes this.
  13. You're telling me I potentially have to hear One Kiss in full again?
    [​IMG]

It's good, but not that good.

14. 2014

2014 Moderator

hmm I disagree

[​IMG]

15. I absolutely love Calvin and these songs but that's a bit much.

16. Who is getting Global Success?

17. I'm really excited to see Dua. Every performance of One Kiss she's done on a big stage has been on point, and the small sonic changes in each one keeps the song fresh.

Robert likes this.
  18. Give me all the Little Mix content in a neat little package and that will be me done.

sweetener and Mypioneer like this.
  19. I'm tuning in for The 1975 and Little Mix's performances and will switch off as soon as they're both done.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019 at 4:11 PM
    Superloves likes this.
  20. One Kiss is gross now.

blaze_dave and playboy69 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.