2019 BRIT Awards | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

2019 BRIT Awards

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Robert, Nov 26, 2018.

1. K94

K94

Years and Years getting completely snubbed is a mess and I won't even go into the album category...

Anyway, give The 1975 their things plz

spaceship likes this.
  2. RJF

RJF

They... got nominated?

3. K94

K94

Oh I missed their name in British Group. Sorry mom!

Trouble in Paradise, Rem, RJF and 2 others like this.
  4. I’d like to see British Group go to Little Mix or Years & Years. Not that all the other groups are bad but since there’s no set guidelines to compare the groups anyway, I’d just like to see someone win who hasn’t already.

Tracy Jacks and Superloves like this.
  5. The George Ezra album wasn't all that acclaimed either. But what kind of payola happened for the Anne-Marie album to be nominated. I'm surprise Arctic Monkeys weren't nominated in the Album category.

Watch Jorja Smith win everything ddd.

6. Surprised Kanye and his Ego aren't up for best group teebs

saviodxl likes this.
  7. K94

K94

I know Ed is still around but I feel like George Ezra is the next supreme in the white hetty guy stardom stakes, and that's worrying.

Bogdan likes this.
  8. Quite shocked at Anne Marie getting an album nomination? I mean I’m a fan but wow....what went into that?

Runawaywithme and spaceship like this.
  9. Paradise issa bopp though.
    Sorry bout it.
    He really shifts some albums that Ezra boy.

Runawaywithme, Bogdan and spaceship like this.
  10. The James Bay snub in British Male took me by surprise.

spaceship likes this.
  11. He got a haircut

12. As Jorja should !

kermit_the_frog and spaceship like this.
  13. Warner profit.

spaceship likes this.
  14. Ella Mai , Mabel and Jorja Smith nominated for Best Breakthrough ? SHOOK one of them to win please !

Vasilios and Island like this.
  15. Jorja is going to clean up I feel.

Island likes this.
  16. She's the most overrated artist the tastemakers have been salivating over for quite some time so imma pass on that.

I'll give her Breakthrough but that's it.

17. *it’s what she deserves gif*

Superloves likes this.
  18. Ella Mai should easily win Breakthrough. Her album wasn't the best but Boo'd Up/Trip alone...

Glad to see The 1975 get Album of the Year & Dua picking up a few nominations. Brockhampton in International Group is also a nice surprise.

Island likes this.
  19. Gut Feeling!?

But yes, the album's a bit weak in general...

20. British and International Female are pretty much what I predicted (except I said Robyn instead of Janelle for International female...would have been happy either way).

Best Album nominations, they seem to have gone for commercial success over critical success. The 1975 should have it in the bag, but Nao and Lily Allen were snubbed in this category.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.