2020 BRIT Awards | Page 29 | The Popjustice Forum

2020 BRIT Awards

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Robert, Nov 5, 2019.

1. upload_2020-2-18_22-46-13.jpeg

It’s started already. Give me strength.

2. The sheer amount of excellent black talent tonight was something else. Stormzy, Dave and Lizzo being shamelessly brilliant big pop girls, all with amazing messages, felt really... important.

3. And Celeste. That performance was spellbinding.

4. With it being 40 years and all this drama this year about no female nominations in the mixed categories, it got me looking at the history of the Brits.

Best British Group is notoriously male dominated but I’ve just realised it’s been won by all male groups every year in its history except for 1987:

5. I found the show just lacking some spark tonight, wish there was more females nominated in general - Mabel was the main one to get multiple noms... just, insane

D.Jay and londonrain like this.
  6. I'm happy she won because it's nice to see them uplifting young women of colour, but the performance felt like an even more boring version of that time Jorja Smith tried to snatch her 'Someone Like You' moment (and didn't). She's much better than that obvious Brits trope, and I'm looking forward to what she does with her album.

7. At least she didn't perform Gentrify This Flop.

8. Is is just me or were there a lot less performances this year than there usually is?

9. Lewis Capaldi swore?

So fucking what?

The KLF shot blanks at the audience.

Blaahh and Kirkland like this.
  10. Tonight's BRITs seemed to be a very sober BRITs, and actually the upbeat numbers seemed the jar the tone and pace of the rest of the night... but it was much better than last year's borefest...

11. Still thinking about Stomzy's nipples
    Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 10.06.11 PM.png

12. The Brits need Kylie and Madonna in attendance I think!!

13. Dave’s performance was outstanding, Kendrick levels of excellence.

K94 and londonrain like this.
  14. Low-key disappointed we didn't get another shirtless moment of whatever from him.

enhanced CD, RainOnFire and 2014 like this.
  15. Urgh at the straights living for his ‘antics’

16. [​IMG]

Mabel was really giving me this iconic energy last night.

slaybellz, andru and Kyle. like this.
  17. [​IMG]

18. This what happens when potatoes lead the noms.

19. Dua Lipa next year

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.