2020 Popjustice Forum Readers' Poll | Page 46 | The Popjustice Forum

2020 Popjustice Forum Readers' Poll

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Laura Vanderbooben, Dec 8, 2020.

1. She will probably be a shoo in for the 2021 poll dddd

All of her covers were terrible and I truly never got the praise for Heart of Glass at all. It was just balls to the wall screaming like most of them. At a push I might say Zombie is okay but it still suffers...

2. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

God, a sax-heavy Kelly album is on my 2021 vision board.

3. Oh my God, this Whitney cover is incredible.

4. I get that the vocals in the Heart of Glass cover are not for everyone (although repeat listens ground me down and I love it now dd) but the Communication cover is literally a perfect showcase for her voice.

5. I think people grew to hate them because K-Pop fans would reply with them to things that were completely unrelated some of them being serious topics and it got annoying.

Music Is Death, R92, tea and 7 others like this.
  6. Now just let me bookmark this so that I have something to vote for in next year's forum post of the year.

7. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I did not realise until today that Miley had covered Communication, the opener to the Cardigans’ most underrated album:

Stan the Cardigans.

8. It's the 3rd video clip, he was dissing Ru Paul's Drag Race contestants.

Music Is Death, j267, Fuchsia and 7 others like this.
  9. Miley still takes the L for that for even going on his show in the first place.

evilsin, R92, lushLuck and 20 others like this.
  10. [​IMG]

11. Not when that and the Barstools girls whatever show probably made her "comeback" "happen"! Her prostitute have worked.

Music Is Death and strangekin like this.
  12. BTG

BTG

I hate that Run To You cover dddd

13. Ddddddd when faced with the choice of endorsing Kellegend rotting on daytime television and Mildred's cover band, I decided to Jill Stein my vote away on a male cover of an obscure Swedish song from 1987.

I like my synths pulsating and my conscience clear, thank you.

[​IMG]

elektroxx, acl, lushLuck and 8 others like this.
  14. RJF

RJF

All of Kelly's covers follow more or less the exact same formula no matter the song. She speeds through two thirds of the original in the first forty seconds and forces a belting crescendo for the rest. The novelty wore off after a week. Boot!

15. Truly. I love Kellegend, but a good cover is more than just having a good voice and singing a song that isn’t yours.

16. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I'd love for Kelly to cover "Meaning of Life" or "Heat" by retired pop star Kelly Clarkson, I think she could do a great job with those songs!

17. BTG

BTG

One of the few Kelly covers I’ve enjoyed because it’s something different for her. The marching band brought a real energy instead of her usual Strictly Come Dancing house band acoustics.

18. This is a good cover. In fact this one of the best covers ever.

19. Looks like I get to engage in physical violence for Kelly Clarkson today!

evilsin, Music Is Death, R92 and 14 others like this.
  20. I left Best Cover blank because those offered this year weren't worth the energy it takes to fill out the ballot. However, if I felt trolling our gracious hosts was worth the lashings, I'd have sent
    upload_2021-1-4_13-18-22.png

achilles and londonrain like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.