2020 U.S. Election | Page 15 | The Popjustice Forum

2020 U.S. Election

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hyrulian, Jul 20, 2020.

1. People across all parties have observed Biden's inability to often remember where he is or the subject he is speaking about. Multiple members in this thread supporting a myriad of candidates observed that the way Biden speaks is often incoherent and illogical. Just as many, if not more, have made the same observations about Trump and asked him to take similar cognitive exams. The mental acuity and ability of both candidates has been a long-standing issue for everyone. Biden's inability to address that concern without yet another blow up that's in a long line of blow up's is not defensible and trying to brush it under the rug with whataboutism will be as helpful as claiming Trump was way more corrupt than Clinton anyway in 2016.

nooniebao, acl, Hunterpoop and 3 others like this.
  2. Observations of a candidate appearing confused don't qualify laymen to recommend medical screenings for dementia - that goes for both Biden and Trump. If journalists are going to inquire about that, they should do so responsibly, based on the opinions of qualified professionals.

3. Except - again - this is a relevant discussion to the election given that is it not "laymen" making these observations, but Biden's own opponent, Trump, accusing him of cognitive decline. I understand how awful Trump is leads people to over-correct in their analysis of Biden, but Biden not being able to simply articulate what you could just now and instead leap to another instance of wide-eyed angry shouting like a bunch of hooligans have taken over his lawn and started smoking whacky tobaccy on it is probably a valid concern and something to take issue with.

4. "Whacky tobaccy"

[​IMG]

DoggySwami, ohaimanabu and lushLuck like this.
  5. FUCK

[​IMG]

6. You know who never forgot where they were?

7. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

I don't think questioning the health or mental acuity of anyone who wants to be president is out of bounds. It just hasn't been a necessary question in a long time. Between Clinton, Bush, and Obama, all of whom were under 60 when they took office, the country went 24 years without needing to ask if the person wanting to be president could keep up with the pace of the work. Bush and Obama exercised almost every day.

But I would never expect Trump or Biden to take the question seriously; they're both longtime public figures who are easily triggered and become defensive when seriously pushed.

Also, I'm surprised anyone has any air left in them to be deflated, I thought all our minuscule hopes had been popped on Super Tuesday.

Jamie and lushLuck like this.
  8. I hate to compare people's mental health. But Biden gets defensive and calls people hooligans or whatever. Trump says "There'd be less cases if we tested less" for months and no one says "Sir, that's stupid.". I'll take Joe's old man nonsense over Trump's any day.

9. I'm perched for the NY AG's major announcement today. It's apparently about the NRA and I'd love nothing more than to see them obliterated

10. Deutsche Bank lives to see another day (maybe - I'm sure the NRA - RNC - Trump - Deutsche Bank pipeline is rusty all the way through):

11. This Latinx voter outreach is unmatched, whew.

nooniebao and Sick Sad World like this.
  12. A black woman shuttering the NRA.....you love to fucking see it.

Jamie, nooniebao, acl and 20 others like this.
  13. She delivered on her campaign promise to investigate the NRA if she won. I'm glad she pulled the trigger to put them out of their misery.

Jamie, nooniebao, Kuhleezi and 11 others like this.
  14. It's way too early for them to have a case yet based on what's come out, but I CANNOT WAIT FOR THAT DAY

mylesofsmiles93 and WowWowWowWow like this.
  15. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

The kii being that Black people are also...Latinx people... and that Latinidad is a false understanding of this "united people" that have roots in Latin America. What a doofus.

acl, Hunterpoop, EricG1990 and 15 others like this.
  16. Latinidad isn't real and it's all made up, just like the notion that Biden will restore order~ to Amerikkka. I want off this planet.

EricG1990 likes this.
  17. Apparently the VP decision is down to Kamala and Susan Rice.

I can’t.

Monkey Meat likes this.
  18. that tea was exposed as stale today (though I think Kamala is probably gonna be the pick with all this Bass oppo being dumped)

theelusivechanteuse likes this.
  19. Yeah I'm expecting Kamala at this point. Dems are so stupid. I still can't get over everyone dropping out to secure his nomination.

lushLuck likes this.
  20. Trump signed an executive order to ban TikTok in the US if it's not sold within 45 days.

Of course that's priority for him.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.