2021 Grammys | Page 46 | The Popjustice Forum

2021 Grammys

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by slaybellz, Sep 19, 2020.

1. I hear you. I have no obligation to listen to Steps and that's another popular thread here.

2. The way I give almost any major point of discussion here a chance so I can feel like an active participant in pop music, but folklore and Steps being the two ends of the spectrum I actively avoid at all costs.

I heard their respective first singles, so I have done my due diligence and I am comfortable moving on.

3. Pretty much except my observation was less about people bashing top 40 pop in favour of blogspot indie pop, and more about people bashing top 40 pop in favour of top 40 pop that's not top 40 dd. Essentially the type of pop that would be top 40 a decade or two ago but not so much anymore. But yeah this too I guess.

Sanctuary likes this.
  4. Who cares if someone else listens to an album or not? I don't listen to folklore wishing other people would. If you don't want to listen to it, don't.

slaybellz likes this.
  5. I'm far from a Swiftie but I also think that if you're into pop and pop girls you'll enjoy 1989 and folklore is a must.

6. I will say PopJustice has made me listen (and consider) more artists, and for that I'm thankful.

It has also pushed me to give songs or albums more than one spin (at random times).

7. Personally, I think anyone who refuses to listen to folklore should be tried for war crimes.

8. rdp

rdp

Yeah, maybe my post was a little unclear but my point was that it's weird for me to see a narrative that this forum has something against top 40 pop when overall these threads attract much more attention than the others still - and obviously they will contain more criticism because of that.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    Jonathan27 likes this.
  9. All this over folklore. Y'all Swifties are ruthless.

Island, Anticonformity, cpr and 6 others like this.
  10. Being weirdly proud to be ignorant about major pop music on...a pop music forum is just not the look I'd personally aim for yanno

11. [​IMG]

bess marvin likes this.
  12. I really liked the Killers' latest album... what is their history with the Grammy's?

spaceship likes this.
  13. This contrarianism towards Folklore... zzzz

14. Okay...anyways...what acts are you all hoping perform on the night? Assuming they’re still doing remote performances I would LOVE to see ChloeXHalle given a performance slot because you know it will be amazing.

Wishlight, Island, sesita and 2 others like this.
  15. They stopped paying attention after Sam's Town.

16. Chloe x Halle is a must!

I want another Taylor / Aaron / Jack performance after the long pond sessions but I don't know of what song. Maybe 'august' just for Jack's sheery joy when performing it. And I'm hoping Dua will bring it with a performance (tbh, just re-air the Don't Start Now performance from Studio 2054 right after she wins Record of the Year).

K94, Island, Heartthrob and 4 others like this.
  17. So no nominations since then?

18. I’m hoping Phoebe gets a performance spot (and I feel like the likelihood of Fiona performing/showing up at all is nil will increase those chances!). It’d be great to see Haim, Chloe x Halle, Highwomen, and Megan perform!!

Sail On, Heartthrob, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  19. Phoebe to obliterate me with a Chinese Satellite performance please.

20. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.