2021 Popjustice Forum Readers' Poll: COMPL--wait what? | Page 14 | The Popjustice Forum

2021 Popjustice Forum Readers' Poll: COMPL--wait what?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by RJF, Dec 8, 2021.

1. I've been in such a K(pop)-hole this year that trying to even come up with options for some of these was ... challenging.

2. RJF

RJF

Y'all can basically submit all day.

Music Is Death, aux, Serg. and 12 others like this.
  3. Lila

Lila Staff Member

I know everyone has probably voted Lorde for Major Artist Whose Disappointing Music Feels Most At Odds With Their Ability To Achieve Better but at least we got some great cover art and a couple of cute songs out of that album. Kacey Musgraves gave us an album absolutely obsessed with its own conceptuality and nothing interesting to say about it’s subject, from an artist who seemed over the whole thing. From the totally luscious highs of Golden Hour to….that. Mess.

4. [​IMG]

Ballot sent.

5. No <3

6. Why vote for either Kacey or Lorde when Adele is right there?

Andy French likes this.
  7. This is what I chose for best cover dddd

I love it, and it's overlooked. But oh well.

8. Did Adele ever achieve better though *pensive emoji*

theelusivechanteuse likes this.
  9. ...why are we pretending Adele makes bad music? I swear there are some weird things that PJ just decides are true and runs with the fantasy ddd

Music Is Death, dvno, ALEX and 11 others like this.
  10. Well, it's about having the ability to achieve better, not necessarily having achieved better in the past nn

That's not really what it's about, is it? Just artists who could probably do better than what they're doing right now. I doubt anyone's going to pick lost causes like Ed Sheeran, Justin Bieber or Jesy Nelson for that one.

Verandi and Trouble in Paradise like this.
  11. I chose Mabel dd. And i'm hoping I wasn't the only one.

12. Hm, Adele makes the exact music we should expect from her.

13. RJF

RJF

Okay, I think we’ll close submissions now.

I’m running errands for most of the day but I think we’ll kick off this evening!

14. [​IMG]
    2. Steps
    3. Rita Ora
    4. The United Kingdolls
    5. Foxes

We'll kick things off with something that...could be construed as a positive for ol' Jess, someone you will definitely be seeing more of in this thread. Picture it: a two-minute X Factor style video intro (EIGHT! MILLION! FOLLOWERS!), followed by Jesy wandering out onstage in her best PVC gear, mumbling into the mic while her tongue flops lazily in and out of her mouth...ah, I can just see the audience now.

Of course, to be fair, literally any UK entry at this stage in the game will be greeted with outright disdain. Like, "Embers" was not good, but I don't think it was nul points levels of bad. I'd put it more at a Scooch type of placement. And speaking of Scooch, Steps would certainly bring that, uh, requisite campiness to Turin. Plus they've proven they'll show up pretty much anywhere. Much like Rita, who could belt to the rafters and offer some name recognition to the festivities, although I'm not sure her star has fallen that far even post COVID scandal. Foxes, an out of left field choice, would at least bring a bop and Grammy winning credentials. However, my vote went to the United Kingdolls, who'd provide the competition the exact level of respect it deserves and serve some sickening looks at the same time.​

Music Is Death, dvno, K94 and 67 others like this.
  15. Jesy somehow coming first there is further proof the UK public is completely incapable of picking a decent Eurovision entry.

Music Is Death, krajol, dvno and 26 others like this.
  16. @beyoncésweave voted for Samantha Mumba at least. Taste!

Music Is Death, dvno, K94 and 27 others like this.
  17. That top 5 being ordered from worst to best music... y'all really said "the UK deserves trash" dd

Music Is Death, dvno, K94 and 10 others like this.
  18. Okay dd... I guess the UK is commited to their streak of getting zero points.

19. Okay but Miss Foxes serving 'Sister Ray' levels of boppery on an international stage would probably be enough to get me to tune into my first ever Eurovision teebs

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.