2021 VMAs (September 12th) | Page 14 | The Popjustice Forum

2021 VMAs (September 12th)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Babyface, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Did they skip over Machine Gun Kelly? They mentioned he was coming up like 4 commercial breaks ago and have since showed performances from people they teased after him. So?
    I know Conor McGregor swung at him on the red carpet... but he still got to present or whatever he did.

2. Doja is serving ArtRave
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Also serving

Steve003, eatyourself, Rob and 8 others like this.
  4. That Normani performance?

I can't wait to see what she does next. I am INVESTED.

sesita and lushLuck like this.
  5. Oh I guess they just pushed him in the set list to the end. Weird.

6. Jesus Christ MTV upload Chloe and Normani’s performances to YouTube already.

Bobbyrae likes this.
  7. I don't know why they bothered to have a host for this. I love Doja but her role was so minimal and kind of pointless. She also should've won Artist of the Year.

slaybellz likes this.
  8. Ssurprisingly they've been posting all full performances on their twitter. I know twitter's player is garbage but it's something in the meantime.

eatyourself likes this.
  9. I don't think I've ever felt as old and out of touch watching an award show as I did tonight. Maybe I've been spending a little too much time in the Comeback Corner.

Steve003, Rob, maikos87 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Why did the show close with Machine Gun Kelly? Is he that popular?

Island likes this.
  11. Island

Island Staff Member

I wouldn’t say so. He’s more tabloid fodder than like “artist to watch” it seems like.

Firewalker and lushLuck like this.
  12. Mess:

Lately likes this.
  13. The show was sadly a step down from last year. Back to the usual of just kind of being there. Not good or bad, just… there. The girls were great as usual. Sad Doja didn’t get to do more hosting, because the times she was out there were fun.

Island, Andrew, Jordtayylor and 2 others like this.
  14. Abbey Dawn <3

15. I agree. I think last year they were kind of forced to totally put the emphasis and rely on the performances, so they gave them a lot more production value and it ended up resulting in a great show. I love how futuristic and unique it felt, they gave it a cool angle. This year they had the crowd and the setting back so they tried to make it a little more "normal", while cramming in as many performances as they could, but it felt kind of uneventful outside of a few great performances.

16. I actually liked the format? The only thing lacking for me was a better stage and more big names. It's weird Dua wasn't there.

Kyliéyoncé likes this.
  17. I think the stage was fine and the format wasn’t awful, but they really didn’t give it what they gave last year. The first hour was especially weird and awkward with how fast it seemed to fly by. Show picked up a bit in the second half, but I still wasn’t totally vibing with it. It felt very strung together last minute.

18. I think if you switched the setlist around, got rid of some of the filler performers, added more Doja hosting whilst having her as the 'big opener' too, and ended with Busta Rhymes, it would've been more watchable. Granted, even during its most memorable years the VMAs as a full show are never perfect despite the rose glasses we sometimes have (except last year).

Mirwais Ahmadzaï and mindtrappa like this.
  19. Yeah, I think it was weirdly organized. It felt like they had all the elements and they just weren’t lining up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.