2024 BRIT Awards

Couldn't find a thread on this, but nominations are being announced now on Instagram. Dua has also been announced as the first performer! The ceremony takes place on Saturday 2 March 2024 at the O2 Arena, London.

Song of the year​

Calvin Harris and Ellie Goulding - Miracle
Casso, D-Block Europe and Raye - Prada
Central Cee - Let Go
Dave & Central Cee - Sprinter
Dua Lipa - Dance The Night
Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed
J Hus ft Drake - Who Told You
Kenya Grace - Strangers
Lewis Capaldi - Wish You The Best
PinkPantheress - Boys A Liar
Raye - Escapism
Charlotte Plank, Rudimental and Vibe Chemistry - Dancing Is Healing
Stormzy - Firebabe
Switch Disco feat Ella Henderson - React
Venbee & Goddard. - Messy In Heaven

Best New Artist​

Mahalia
Olivia Dean
PinkPantheress
Raye
Youssef Dayes

Artist of The Year​

Arlo Parks
Central Cee
Dave
Dua Lipa
Fred Again..
J Hus
Jessie Ware
Little Simz
Olivia Dean
Raye

Group of the Year​

Blur
Chase & Status
Headie One and K-Trap
Jungle
Young Fathers

International Group of Year​

Blink 182
Boygenius
Foo Fighters
Gabriel's
Paramore

Dance Act​

Barry Can't Swim
Becky Hill
Calvin Harris
Fred Again..
Romy

R&B Act​

Cleo Sol
Jorja Smith
Mahalia
Raye
Sault

Alternative Rock Act​

Blur
Bring Me The Horizon
The Rolling Stones
Young Fathers
Youssef Dayes

Best Hip-Hop Grime Rap​

Casisdead
Central Cee
Dave
J Hus
Little Simz

Best Pop Act​

Calvin Harris
Charli XCX
Dua Lipa
Olivia Dean
Raye

International Artist​

Asake
Burna Boy
Caroline Polachek
CMAT
Kylie Minogue
Lana Del Rey
Miley Cyrus
Olivia Rodrigo
Sza
Taylor Swift

International Song​

Billie Eilish - What Was I Made For
David Kushner - Daylight
Doja Cat – Paint The Town Red
Jazzy - Giving Me
Libianca - People
Meghan Trainor - Made You Look
Miley Cyrus - Flowers
Noah Khan - Stick Season
Oliver Tree & Robin Schulz - Miss You
Olivia Rodrigo - Vampire
Peggy Gou - It Goes Like
Rema - Calm Down
Sza - Kill Bill
Tate Mcrae - Greedy
Tyla - Water

Album of the Year​

Blur - The Ballad of Darren
J Hus - Beautiful and Brutal Yard
Little Simz - No Thank You
Raye - My 21st Century Blues
Young Fathers - Heavy Heavy

Rising Star Award already announced - won by The Last Dinner Party

Last edited:
I normally start these threads but this seemed to pass me by. I didn’t realise nominees were being announced today. So happy for Dua and Raye. Hopefully Raye will be performing too.

Last years show was one of the worst in a while but this years is looking better already.

Not a huge amount to complain about, with some good changes made, though do they need to revisit the eligiblity criteria? Is it still linked to albums, hence why Raye is eligible for new artist and was Tate McRae's album released too late for Best International Artist?

I believe the singles categories are still 100% based on sales, streams and airplay which is OK but would've been nice to see Padam and Tattoo there. 15 noms for the singles seems OTT too.

Island

Staff member
Actually quite surprised at how the nominees seem more critically acclaimed.

I would have swapped Mahalia with Maisie Peters or Holly Humberstone for Best New Artist.

I know RAYE isn’t new, but it is her debut album so I don’t mind the New Artist nomination.

Swap Calvin Harris and Charli with Jessie Ware and PinkPantheress for Pop Act.

Truly a joke these days. It's more like the TikTok music awards. Yes a few decent noms for folks like Kylie, Lana and Olivia Dean but 80% of this is just laughable. So pleased I will be out of the country when this airs.

Island

Staff member
Truly a joke these days. It's more like the TikTok music awards. Yes a few decent noms for folks like Kylie, Lana and Olivia Dean but 80% of this is just laughable. So pleased I will be out of the country when this airs.
Really? I think it’s one of the better group of nominees in recent years. It could’ve been a lot worse with Anne-Marie, Lewis Capaldi, Ed Sheeran, and The 1975 littering around this crop.

The only messy/cringe nominations are probably the singles and some of the acts in repeating genres.

Meghan Trainor getting International Single over Kylie’s Padam Padam is a hot mess, though. But I assume the song categories are more rooted in sales stats.

he/him
Truly a joke these days. It's more like the TikTok music awards.
The only category that could be applied to is Song of the year? The rest are very well balanced and I don’t think you can call acts like Young Father or Bring Me The Horizon TikTok music

Happy for Blink getting a nom for Best International Act! Their last album was a great surprise for me

I want CMAT to win, I know it’s unlikely but by god that record she put out last year is good. Caroline P also an acceptable outcome in that category.

Go on Brit awards, give it to someone who hasn’t won a million other awards and won’t even notice it on their mantelpiece.