2024 BRIT Awards

She/Her
”Make some noise if you’ve had a beer tonight”

brigitte-nielsen-confused.gif

Maybe I am way out of touch but honestly I haven't a clue who 80% of the nominees are for a lot of these awards. Like Song of The Year should surely be songs that are well known and popular?

Not that I would EVER want to defend the basic Brits but… I think Song Of The Year is literally the best-selling singles of the year by British artists (covers usually not allowed)…

Maybe this is showing a more worrying sign that the industry is in trouble. Like where are all the new and up and coming artists?
Off the top of my head - Mimi Webb, Baby Queen, and Holly Humberstone all had debut albums reach the UK top 10 last year. The industry isn't in trouble, it's just the BRITs being messy, dd.

Island

Staff member
Off the top of my head - Mimi Webb, Baby Queen, and Holly Humberstone all had debut albums reach the UK top 10 last year. The industry isn't in trouble, it's just the BRITs being messy, dd.
Holly should’ve been nominated in New Artist instead of Mahalia fff.

Sorry to double post but I’ve never seen Becky Hill not have an in-ear problem. When I seen her at her own show she spent most the show doing all the obvious ‘in ear issues’ moves.

Oh hi JB love u xoox