20GAYTeen the Rate: WINNER!! | Page 85 | The Popjustice Forum

20GAYTeen the Rate: WINNER!!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Trouble in Paradise, Dec 8, 2018.

?

What's your favorite album from the main artists of the rate?

1. Expectations by Hayley Kiyoko

15 vote(s)
    10.1%
  2. Bloom by Troye Sivan

13 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. Palo Santo by Years & Years

16 vote(s)
    10.7%
  4. Language by MNEK

10 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. O by Ssion

5 vote(s)
    3.4%
  6. Dirty Computer by Janelle Monae

60 vote(s)
    40.3%
  7. Chris by Christine & the Queens

15 vote(s)
    10.1%
  8. Oil of Every Pearl's Un-Insides

15 vote(s)
    10.1%
  1. Congrats @Trouble in Paradise, very happy for you!

Not so happy about this elimination though, ddddddd. I Like That might be my favorite on Dirty Computer.

2. That's so amazing, a big congratulation to both of you!
    The power of this rate.
    Do what you need to do and enjoy yourself.

vague, evilsin, londonrain and 4 others like this.
  3. Congrats @Trouble in Paradise and please take your time and enjoy yourself on vacay!

Also I hate this elimination!

vague, evilsin, londonrain and 4 others like this.
  4. vague, yuuurei, evilsin and 4 others like this.
  5. Congratulations my beautiful @Trouble in Paradise !! You deserve all the happiness in the world so this news pleases me greatly!!! XX

vague, yuuurei, evilsin and 2 others like this.
  6. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Imagine submitting this score.

constantino, alanmr, vague and 10 others like this.
  7. What the fuck people?

8. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

[​IMG]

vague, GimmeWork, Verandi and 7 others like this.
  9. Introducing our next cut is Jean Wyllys who was the second openly gay parliament member in Brazil and the first to identify as a gay rights activist. He has also won Big Brother Brazil! Sadly, with the turn to conservatism in world politics and the election of Brazil’s nationalist/racist/homophobic president Wyllys had to resign his seat due to a barrage of serious death threats.

[​IMG]
    14. “Americans”
    By Janelle Monae

Highest Scores: 10 x 10 (@Ana Raquel @Sanctuary @GimmeWork @pop3blow2 @Posh Spears @ohnostalgia @Music Is Life @kalonite @LE0Night @Remorque)
    9.5 x 2(@Untitled @KingBruno)
    Lowest Scores: 4 x 1 (@dylanaber) 5 x 2 (@soratami @Empty Shoebox)
    My Score: 8

Seventy-nine cent to your dollar
    All that bullshit from white-collars
    You see my color before my vision
    Sometimes I wonder if you were blind
    Would it help you make a better decision?

Happy 4th of July Americans!! All I’ll say is why I understand why many of you questioned this songs inclusion, I was persuaded by her tour de force performance on Colbert. Also, it is my now fiance’s favorite song from the album!

Your thoughts:

Ufint No mama, this is not what you’re supposed to be including in the rate. Such a fallen angel; the rest of you may try to defend this, but this is in my opinion, one of the weakest tracks on the album.

The Hot Rock One of my faves from DC..

Music is Life BOP for Americans. Fun. Love the speech in the middle.

Untitled never thought i'd be popping it to political speeches, but wellthereweare.gif

Pop3blow2 Epic. Might actually be my favorite song on Dirty Computer the more I think about it.

Constantino Okay girls, lemme take you on a journey: picture that gif of Whitney and Natalie Cole pointing at each other and laughing at the AMA’s but replace Whitney with Kacey and Natalie with Janelle, because Miss Janelle is serving some SCALDING tea on middle American here.

Yuuurei The levels of satire and lyrical genius here, I love her mind.

Gimmework Janelle once again serving the tea HOT!

10. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?????????

11. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Oh, we’re doing this with the Janelle tracks, are we?

Wow.

12. I'm sadder about Wyllys, to be honest. Well, glad David Miranda is there at least.

and awful cut

13. Surely it's better than her taking up 60% of the top 10 at least. I don't like it when rates with multiple acts are too biased towards one of them.

14. It's also better than her going out sporadically throughout the rate instead of just you know...the top 17.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  15. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Americans is one of the best songs on Dirty Computer. I assumed that’s why it was included.

16. I would have preferred Crazy, Classic Life, Don't Judge Me or So Afraid. Still, my Janelle average was 9.33, so this got a pretty high score nevertheless. Happy 4th of July everybody!

17. If all of you who want to repeatedly kick me in the face could wait for about 30 minutes, I can steal a ticket machine from a supermarket and we can get a nice queue formed.

vague, berserkboi, evilsin and 7 others like this.
  18. Catching up and I'm... surprised Americans is more liked than Django Jane, I always had the impression that the former was one of the least fave cuts from Dirty Computer.
    After all is said and done, this top 10 is shaping to be phenomenal!

19. Who knew a white twink could strut in a warehouse and kick out at least three Janelle bangers from the rate?

Everybody probably.

20. People in this thread snatching a ticket.

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.