2KPOP16: SOTY Rate (THE FINAL: ~*WINNER*~) | Page 36 | The Popjustice Forum

2KPOP16: SOTY Rate (THE FINAL: ~*WINNER*~)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Squashua, Dec 4, 2016.

1. To anyone who gave "Deepened" lower than a 9:

[​IMG]

2. The fact that DooDoomChit beated I Just Wanna Dance and Deepened is a .... choice.

Capitan, McQueer and Squashua like this.

3. GOSH I HATE MONDAYS

MIKL C MIGHT HATE THIS ONE MORE THOUGH

(Sorry sis <3)

22nd

[​IMG]

DAL*SHABET - FRI.SAT.SUN
    Avg: 7.90

10 - @ryan_riot92 @Laurence Nope @Reboot @Mikl C @ajmkv
    5 - @Salami @Vesperly
    My Score: 8

It's probably quite cruel but also very apt to kick this out on a Monday afternoon right?

BECAUSE LET'S BE REAL:

[​IMG]

The start of the week, the back to work slump, is a bore. No one enjoys Mondays (although you could argue mid-week is worse). How can we all keep ourselves alive and awake amongst the madness of things we had left undone? Of our angry bosses being idiots constantly and completely unaware that y'all have lives?

EASY - HULK SMASH!

Not content with blowing everyone's minds with Someone Like U in Jan 2016, the Dal*Sha4 came back with another banger. Like where were you hiding these when Joker was released? They'd be the perfect trio with B.B.B's retro stomper leanings.

YET - this winds up pre-top 20 unable to achieve the same heights as either of those songs in the Underrated Rate and.... i'm ok with that. Sorry ladies, we're no way close to the end of the week.

[​IMG]

But to the plusses - the teaser roll-out was bizarre to the extreme with so many images and concepts bundled into the visuals that I wasn't 100% where they were going with it. There's Ah Young's revenge in the above mini-video, leading me into thinking they were going to a superpower direction, but also the Work vs Play teaser images that had not one, not two but three different installments:

THE AOA SEXY JOB DIRECTORY
    [​IMG]

BREAKFAST AT SEOUL-UNNIES
    [​IMG]

AN EPIC BATTLE BETWEEN CORPORATE & KLERB
    [​IMG]

SO MANY VISUALS.

BUT WAIT

[​IMG]

Especially after Someone Like U, I was so excited to see what weekend monster they were unleashing upon us. I wanted drama, suit dancing, red romance, sexy club breakdowns. For me personally it still hasn't completely clicked in the same way as SLU, I was somewhat disappointed in fact. The verses and the breakdown recall of Jack U's output (which I can go with) but the Frankenbop elements never quite mesh together. It's a slow-jam of a dance track, somewhere straddling a line between erratic and laid-back in a way i'm not sure I can pin to another song.

I love the deep "hey hey" background grunts in the chorus' tail-end.
    I like the ramp up into the chorus.
    I appreciate the vaguely sing-rap delivery at some points.
    The rapid holler of "BABY DANCE" is phenomenal.

BUT. The look is so right, the video is cute in their working lady #realism and chilling with the gals appeal but i've still not managed to fully get the track. It's a bop, I know it's a bop but I never come back to it. My 8 is more based on objective appreciation than actual usuage (which would be like a 6?). Sorry ladies, I love your work but this isn't my favourite play.

~GROAN~
    [​IMG]

Although I will say that the lives are, as always, fantastic and lead me to believe this would actually work better at a pre-drinks or big party. Share your thoughts? I would but I'm shockingly low on social engagements these days.
    *sobs*

MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY FRIDAAAAAAYYYY

[​IMG]

Welcome y'all

[​IMG]

i've called this board meeting to address the sudden animosity among are dear sweet sub-unit. Working hours are meh I admit but we're going to learn how to bop together again capiche?

Vesperly has the floor first: "I'm not sure how I feel about the farty trumpets (?)"

FARTY IS THE NEW FIERCE
    [​IMG]

Those in disagreement say aye - ThighHighs are see your hand fluttering: "This is a great laid back bawp. I don’t quite see what everyone sees that makes it a classic, but it’s a super fun tune with a really adorable video. Perfect for getting ready to go out." My thoughts exactly. Slice of CEO, don't rip the paper please - I know you like that texture: "The tattered jeans are so iconic. And that chorus is so vibrant and fluffy. But... that's about it. It's not quite Someone Like U, that's for sure."

WHAT IS?
    [​IMG]

Whip out the powerpoints cystren. GeiPanda has his finger on the pulse of consumer opinion: "Good, but I can see why it didn't catch on with the public - not that memorable." and Reboot has all the statistics concerning our commercial conversion rates: "The tempo changes threw me a bit at first, but I properly love this now."

Reboot now be like:
    [​IMG]

From the left-hand side of the boardroom, Robinho#1 picks up on our previous project: "Underrate bop."
    but thank goodness D is for Danger! has been taking minutes - it's a round-up: "Not as iconic as Someone Like U, but still amazing. I love the rhythm changes during the chorus and the return of the 4minute Hate fart trumpets. Woohee in ripped jeans and fishnets. That is all folks!

[​IMG]"

Ryan_Riot has answers for his own questions: "Was I nervous about this comeback? Yes. Should I have been? Not really because this track was just as good as “Someone Like U”! I guess I was thinking they wouldn’t be able to top it but they came pretty damn close. This song is so fun and is my new Weekend Anthem!"

KPJ PARTY ANTHEM MAYBE?

[​IMG]

Final statement of this corporation AGM goes to Exec. Ajmkv whose forecasts have never been too far wrong: "I said this in the Underrated Rate:
    AND I DID.
    This was what I wanted from Dal Shabet after being frustratingly close to loving Someone Like U but not quite being able to. THIS finally hooked me and didn't let me go until quite recently, snatching weaves on my chart and earning my (very prestigious) Choreography of the Year award (you know, for the incredible ajmkv Awards of course). I know this was less popular than Someone Like U both in SK and here, but this is the superior 2016 Dal Shabet single (and dare I say their best ever? No? Don't kill me please~)

[​IMG]
    D'awwww please don't disband, gorls."

PLEASE NO.
    QUICK GET THE GODDESSES ON THE PHONE

[​IMG]

4. FRI. SAT. SUN. is that relatable 'I will be dead to the world during the weekend, please don't try to reach me' song. Ironically, I have not listened to it since I entered the world of unemployment.

5. Y'all are just too much at this point. I feel like I don't even know you people...

ajmkv likes this.
  6. I thought there was one hwayoung in K-Pop world but apparently there are several!

aussie likes this.
  7. I just wish I understood what y'all hear in Doo Doom Chit that I don't....

Capitan and Dangerous Maknae like this.
  8. Fri Sat Sun is a GODDAMN ELEVEN WHAT IS WRONG ALL OF YOU NEED JESUS.

9. Wonder Girls should lose the album track soon. SISTAR, Fei, and Ladies Code also need to see the chop.

Dangerous Maknae and McQueer like this.
  10. Fei should be in the top 10 ...

11. I guess after three elims in a row where I was the lowest scorer it was about time my karma caught up with me.

Slice of Life and Squashua like this.

12. MISSING THE TOP 20?

OUR DESCENT IS REAL

*REVERTS TO SELF-EMPOWERMENT MANTRA*

[​IMG]

21st

[​IMG]

BRAVE GIRLS - HIGH HEELS
    Avg: 7.95

11 - @ThighHighs
    10 - @Squashua @ryan_riot92 @D is for Danger! @ajmkv

2 !!! - @Robinho#1
    My Score: 10

My oh my oh my. So soon after Deepened was viciously culled by a matter of decimal points? On the very same day they release their hopeful comeback LOLINLOLINLOLIN? When did we become monsters cystren?

WHEN DID WE LOSE OUR WAY?

[​IMG]

High Heels leap frogs Deepened's original victory in the Underrated rate as more and more people clambor to accept the Church of Brave Bawps into their hearts. It didn't make it to #17 like last time, it might have underachieved on the score average front but has a song had such an impact on this forum over the cross of last year?

I DOUBT IT
    (except T.T)
    [​IMG]

Because if you want a further in-depth not-completely-extra read then HERE is the place to go. In the meanwhile, I have a sermon to sell to y'all and a mission from the K-Gawds to SAVE YOUR SOULS.

THE GURRLSS' PRAYER

OUR UNNIES WHO ART IN SEOUL

[​IMG]

BRAVE GIRLS BE THY NAME

THY FLOPDOM COME, THY BOPS WILL BE DONE
    ON SCALPS AS THEY ARE ON BUSSIES

The iconique weave loss saga from 1:50 onwards never gets old

GIVE US EVERYDAY OUR DAILY SL*Y

[​IMG]

AND FORGIVE US OUR UNDERSCORING
    [​IMG]

AS WE
    never FORGIVE THOSE WHO UNDERSCORED THIS
    [​IMG]

AND LEAD US STRAIGHT INTO BOP-TATION
    [​IMG]

AND DELIVER US THIS GLORIOUSLY BASIC BANGER.
    [​IMG]

BECAUSE THINE IS THE SASSY GURRRL
    [​IMG]

THE TAWWP GURRL

i'll never accept that it's tough
    [​IMG]

THE PWETTY GURRL
    [​IMG]

AND THE FOXAY GURRL
    [​IMG]

FOR EVER AND EVER
    GOMABSEUBNIDA~~~

[​IMG]

AND THAT'S SINCERELY,
    SQUASHUA

[​IMG]

The battlelines are so clearly drawn with the write-ups for this I had no idea. Nearly everyone who was around for the first rate it appeared in were still here for this - maybe it was a "have-to-be-there" moment?

Enter those in need of conversion, godspeed to y'all. McQueer at least wants to be indoctrinated: "I want to love this more but the voice of the one who sings the chorus....lord't......." Poor ballerina Minyoung... Equally not swayed by the Holy Girls's gospel are Salami: "Bit boring really." and servant of the fallen angel Robinho#1 - "Not for me. Bye."

BAI~~
    [​IMG]

New to the congregation, but more in a touristy 'i've heard... rumors about this place' way, is Capitan: "I think Deepened is the better of the two Brave Girls singles in the rate but I gave this an 8 simply because of the sassy gurl~ reference that came from it. True innovators of the PJ K-pop lexicon."

LEXICONIQUE
    [​IMG]

No gloom anywhere in these parts. You're in the Kingdom of FOXAAY now chil'. Slice of a Preacher Man is spreading the good word door-to-door: "Ugh still so iconic. Sometimes, we just need that one good trashy bop, you know? And this is the perfect trashy bop. And the music video is such a kii. I love it so much." As we all do. None more so than former (but still often) sexy concept sinner D is for Danger! - he's a partially changed man now: "I'm a sassy gorl! I'm a tawp gorl! I'm a pretty gorl! I'm foxy gorl! Winner of the Best Wig Snatching Performance GRAMAMA, High Heels delivered the summer fun. It was light-hearted and with a great message. Sure it's paint-by-numbers Brave Bros, but that not always a bad thing." I'mma need to hear it a lil louder now. Ryan_Riot, use that angelic voice to get us to GAWD: "How can someone NOT love this song!? Like it may not be the catchiest or the best song out there but man does it just make you wanna get up and put on your high heels! It’s all about being sexy, powerful, and confident. How can you not smile when you hear it? IMMA SASSY GURL! IMMA TAWP (tough) GURL!"

Up to the altar is our beloved, Ajmkv - rebuke the Korean Public's sins!: "Again, another of those songs that I feel like I've taked about extensively in other rates. Brave Girls really hooked me with this (after having completely passed me by with Deepened and losing me once more with Yoohoo), but it makes me sad that this didn't see any sort of success outside of our circle. Let's give this the recognition it deserves, fellow sassy gurls!" and GeiPanda knows that higher heels bring him closer to God - "Our holy gospel."

THE POWER OF THE SASS SPREADETH FAR & WIDE

[​IMG]

Y'all can't leave these hallowed halls until we've said grace with the ultimate TAWP gurll & Archbishop of High Heels ThighHighs: "The most fun you can have in three minutes in the year two thousand and sixteen. I stan this song more than any other piece of music released in 2016 in any language. Completely irreverent, preposterously stupid, and the straight up FUNNEST song of the year. The first time I heard this piece of glorious trash, I half smiled and moved on. Then it played automatically on youtube and I listened to it and had a bit of fun. It wasn’t until the 7th or 8th time I sought this song out on my own that I realized it had taken over my entire mind, body, and spirit. I WAS a sassy girl. A top girl. A Pretty girl? Check. Foxy? You betcha. This. Song. Gets. Me. Bodied. Consider me the piece of hair extension that could no longer maintain its grasp on Hayoon’s scalp. They may no longer be together as a sevensome, but what a way to go out."

AMEN & HALLELUJAH CYST

[​IMG]

Deja-Boo, Mikl C, ryan_riot92 and 2 others like this.
  13. I was going to hold off until Top 15 (as I have another terrible home-made graphic for it) but everybody likes a re-cap so:

..:*:YOUR TAWP 20:*:..

[​IMG]

Blackpink - Playing With Fire
    Cosmic Girls - Secret
    Crayon Pop - DooDoomChit
    Dal*Shabet - Someone Like U
    Fei - Fantasy

[​IMG]

GFriend - Navillera
    GFriend - Rough
    K.A.R.D - Oh NaNa
    Ladies' Code - Galaxy
    Ladies' Code - The Rain

[​IMG]

Luna - Free Somebody
    MAMAMOO - Decalcomanie
    Oh My Girl - Windy Day
    Red Velvet - Russian Roulette
    Sistar - I Like That

[​IMG]

Stellar - Sting
    Sunny Girls - Taxi
    TWICE - TT
    Wonder Girls - To the Beautiful You
    Wonder Girls - Why So Lonely

[​IMG]

14. You know, I should probably join the riots of everyone. I'm also losing faves left and right...

But I still have thirteen 10s left. And an 11.

[​IMG]

yath

Squashua and ryan_riot92 like this.
  15. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL! High Heels and Fri Sat Sun deserved to be Top 20 over Navillera and I Like That. Windy Day can go, too. Bye.

Dangerous Maknae and Squashua like this.
  16. MAMAMOO and SISTAR should not be this high...

D is for Danger! and Squashua like this.
  17. Squashua is so iconic.

18. https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=70sF2CAstNI

Seriously how is half of this dreck staying in over genuinely iconic songs like High Heels and FSS.

ryan_riot92, Squashua and ajmkv like this.
  19. TT needs to GO.

Slice of Life likes this.
  20. My ideal Top 10 out of the remaining songs :

Blackpink - Playing With Fire
    Cosmic Girls - Secret
    Dal*Shabet - Someone Like U
    GFriend - Navillera
    GFriend - Rough
    K.A.R.D - Oh NaNa
    Luna - Free Somebody
    MAMAMOO - Decalcomanie
    TWICE - TT
    Wonder Girls - Why So Lonely

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.