4U - Bitter Taste (Dutch tv boyband) | The Popjustice Forum

4U - Bitter Taste (Dutch tv boyband)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Laurence, Oct 14, 2016.

1. You should have posted this in the Flops & Unknowns subforum.

They're good but there needs to be less of them.

I think the Aston from JLS one and the budget Mr Hudson can both go home.

2. The shorter guy is pretty good looking and got the most screams. Some of the others seem like they could be solid role players. One of them needs to keep working on his English pronunciation. The track is kind of forgettable boyband standard in the vein of Union J, they'll need to come up with something a little more distinctive after the show I think.

Too bad the girls, which I also looked up, seem to be a hair short of compelling.

I'll keep an eye on this, but agree it might be best in the new subforum for now.

Leopold likes this.
  3. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

2 of them will be cut (well the longhaired one already did last week, tonight another ones goes)

Leopold likes this.
  4. Hmm, interesting. I thought the longhaired one might have fit in the "artistic" boyband position. That's a viable one right?

That's one issue with the format of some of these shows, fixed band size. You could wind up losing someone who would have brought in fans, or have an "other one" in the band. Which is fun for Popjustice forum discussion. But if the goal is the maximum viable product I would let the size float between 4-7 and cut down from 8-10 final prospects based on whoever is the top tier in votes. It worked swimmingly for Twice, one of the new top girl groups in kpop.

Leopold likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.