£5 Universal Music voucher (for doing a ten minute survey) | The Popjustice Forum

£5 Universal Music voucher (for doing a ten minute survey)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by David_X, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Thought I should post this here as the survey content is actually really interesting. It's all about what you want from your favourite artists in terms of Deluxe editions - things you want included and things you don't, and how much you'd be willing to pay.

OIf course, you also get a free £5 Universal Music voucher to be used at any of their onlines stores which will probably be the main draw for most of you.

I realise this might sound like i'm working for Universal but I can promise you, I don't! Just thought this would be good to point out to people.

2. I actually quite enjoyed doing that. Although I felt well stingy after completing it.

And some of their suggestions for deluxe things were AWFUL. (Jewellery hahahaha?!?!)

3. I completed it but haven't been sent the voucher wahhh.

4. Haven't had my voucher yet either... but yeah, some of the stuff... a figurine?! Christ.

5. Well I'm never one to say no to free money... It was actually quite fun to fill in though. Some of the points where so silly, who would buy something like that as an easter present for someone? CDs in easter eggs haha!

6. I basically said I wouldn't pay for a deluxe edition if it didn't have bonus tracks - I made that point very very very clear. My voucher hasn't arrived yet either but it says they have to verify your survey so I reckon it should arrive either tonight or tomorow.

7. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Why am I getting all your answers when I click that link?

8. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

9. I clicked the first link and got all of the OP's answers which was fun to see btw

By the types of questions they were asking it seems they really don't seem to have much knowledge on todays music market..

10. Must be a personalised link. Looks like you need an email from them to do this.

11. I think if you click that link you can see my answers but you can change them to be yours, then enter your email address at the end. I'm not quite sure how to link to the thing without it doing that.

12. Very cool! I'm gonna do it. Even if I don't get the voucher, it's still worth it filling out a music survey. Y'know, let them know what we want, etc.

EDIT: Just completed it, and enjoyed it. I really like the fact that most of the questions were geared towards physical CDs, deluxe editions and bonus content. I know it's just a survey, but it gives me a glimmer of hope that at least some people in the music industry are trying to come up with ways to A) give more to the consumer for their money and B) try to revitalise the physical format.

13. I got the email and filled it out - also very pleased to see an emphasis on physical stuff. Not sure I'd ever want a 'figurine' of a favourite artist though?! Nor some jewellery. Could live with vinyl, in terms of 'it looks good framed'.

To be honest I always chose the most negative answer possible when the 'should it be made only in limited quantities' question came up. I'm one of those hideous super-on-the-ball people who'll be there are 9am when something goes on sale, hand on mouse and credit card number memorised. BUT most people aren't like that, and it must be pretty horrible to miss out.

14. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

What part of 'I wouldn't consider buying this as a gift' made them say 'you considerd buying this as a gift so here's another question...'?

15. Egalite, I totally agree with you regarding the 'limited edition' thing. I think the deluxe editions should simply be another purchase option, not just for people who can afford them as soon as they come out or are quick enough to get them, etc.

16. STILL HAVEN'T GOT VOUCHER.

17. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Re: £5 Universal Music voucher (for doing a ten minute survey)

It does say you might not get them until Monday!

18. Thanks for the link, just done it, might use my voucher on one of the T-shirts in the Lady gaga store!

19. I got my voucher today...no idea what i'm going to spend it on though!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.