#52 - A Massive Loss!! #Voila! The Anime Rate! Song Contest Picks By Apr 12!! | The Popjustice Forum

#52 - A Massive Loss!! #Voila! The Anime Rate! Song Contest Picks By Apr 12!!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by berserkboi, Feb 3, 2020.

1. [​IMG]
    The PopJustice Anime Rate

I have no idea how to introduce this rate properly, so instead I’ll quote some facts about Anime from Wikipedia!

• The History of anime can be traced back to the start of the 20th century, with the earliest verifiable films dating from 1906 .[1]

• The word anime is the Japanese term for animation, which means all forms of animated media.[2]

• Outside Japan, anime refers specifically to animation from Japan or as a Japanese-disseminated animation style often characterized by colorful graphics, vibrant characters and fantastical themes.[3][4]

• The anime industry consists of over 430 production studios, including major names like Studio Ghibli, Gainax, and Toei Animation. Despite comprising only a fraction of Japan's domestic film market, anime makes up a majority of Japanese DVD and Blu-ray sales.

• Anime is a diverse art form with distinctive production methods and techniques that have been adapted over time in response to emergent technologies. It combines graphic art, characterization, cinematography, and other forms of imaginative and individualistic techniques.[9]

• Anime is an art form, specifically animation, that includes all genres found in cinema, but it can be mistakenly classified as a genre.[14]

As these little observations highlight - covering Anime extensively in a rate is nigh impossible, especially with only a little pauper from the Dalida Kingdom in charge! Though a little spotlight in our corner of the world at PopJustice can be attempted! We will be rating the music of 66 different Animes which encompasses multiple genres and media type (Series, Movies, OVA). These 66 have been selected due to not just their impact within Japan, but also how they resonated within our cultures outside Japan!

A mixture of decades depicting the advancement of the medium is also represented through highlighting some franchises from the 1970s, all the way to the 2010s! I picked some franchises due to their undeniable impact (the holy trinity of Sailor Moon, DBZ and Saint Seiya - in many ways the harbingers of modern Anime tropes) but also some forgotten gems close to my heart. The rest were requested by people in the Rate Queue or the Anime Thread when I brought the concept to the forum. @Ana Raquel was lovely enough to offer assistance should I need it, and we may have some graphics from @ohnostalgia for the better performing songs as we get underway! A star studded cast indeed!

Rate Rules are Business As Usual - give each song a score out of 10 (use decimals where appropriate), with an 11 to your very favourite track here by Susumu! Commentary is encouraged, especially since I am flying blind on a couple of the most recent franchises, having not seen any new Anime series for years. The list of the Animes we are rating is below, with the song title representing each franchise listed where I could. Underneath are links to the YouTube Playlist in the order the franchises are listed. I urge you to rate the versions of each song in full (Playlist Numero Un), but if you are time poor, feel free to rate the bite size "Intro" versions (Playlist Numero Deux)!
    Happy rating! And in the words of this wise person:

[​IMG]
    Make sure you all listen to @londonrain!

ANIME SPOTLIGHT SONGLIST

1. Sailor Moon - Moonlight Densetsu

2. Revolutionary Girl Utena - Rinbu Revolution

3. Saint Seiya - Pegasus Fantasy

4. Berserk - Forces

5. X (Clamp) - eX Dream

6. Gantz - Super Shooter

7. Princess Tutu - Morning Grace

8. City Hunter - Get Wild

9. Fancy Lala - Kuchibiru

10. DBZ - CHala HEAD CHala

11. Naruto - Blue Bird

12. Inuyasha - Fukai Mori

13. Paprika - The Girl In Byakkoya

14. Kenshin - Freckles/Sobakasu

15. Rose Of Versailles - Bara Wa Utsukushiku

16. Paradise Kiss - Lonely In Gorgeous

17. Candy Candy - Candy Candy Theme

18. Gankutsuou - You Won’t See Me Coming

19. Death Note - Hirugaru

20. Ranma ½ - Don’t Make Me Wild Like You

21. Gundam - Fly Gundam

22. Cat’s Eye- Occhi Di Gato

23. Neon Genesis Evangelion - Cruel Angel Thesis

24. Urusei Yatsura - Lum No Love Song

25. FullMetal Alchemist - Again

26. Cowboy Bebop - Tank

27. Code Geass - Colors

28. Bleach - Opening 1

29. One Piece - We are!

30. Pokemon - Opening 1

31. Vision Of Escaflowne - Yakusoku Wa Iranai

32. Cardcaptor Sakura - Catch You Catch Me

33. Wedding Peach - Opening 2

34. Digimon - Butterfly

35. Rozen Maiden - Kinjiareta Asobi

36. Vampire Knight - Still Doll

37. Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica - Magia

38. Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha - Eternal Blaze

39. Shugo Chara! - De Shuga Chara

40. Samurai Champloo - Battlecry

41. Attack On Titan - Guren no Yumiya

42. Nana - Rose

43. Ouran High School Host Club - Sakura Kiss

44. Love Live! - Jumping Heart

45. Durarara! - Opening 1

46. Idolmaster - Change

47. Free! - Iwatobi Swin CLub Opening

48. Little Busters - Opening

49. Maid-sama - My Secret

50. Kimi Ni Todoke - Opening 1

51. Steins;Gate - Opening 1

52. Tamako Market - Dramatic Market Ride

53. Toradora - Pre Parade

54. Your Lie in April - Shigatsu Wa Kimi No Uso 1

55. Persona 3 Spring Of Birth Opening

56. Magical Angel Creamy Mami OP

57. Re: Cutie Honey

58. Fruits Basket - For Fruits Basket

59. Full Metal Panic - Tomorrow

60. Gilgamesh - Crazy 4 U

61. Magic Knight Rayearth - Unyielding Wish

62. Serial Experiment Lain - Lain’s Theme

63. TeXhnoLyze - Guardian Angel

64. Banana Fish Opening 1

65. The Promised Neverland Opening 1 - Uverland Touch Off

66. Super Gals - Aitsu

Send me your ballots by March 13!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    He, pop3blow2, Joli Chat and 14 others like this.
  2. I see Nana in the song list, I participate. Thank you legend @berserkboi .

Here's hoping this also helps me branch out a bit with watching anime in general since the only anime I've watched in full is Nana, Death Note, and Neon Genesis Evangelion dddddd.

3. Oh i'm into this!

4. As a HUGE Sailor Moon fan, I’m just gonna say it, Moonlight Densetsu is just...OK. However much of a classic it is, Sailor Star Song is superior.

5. I adore Makenai and Search For Your Love!!

Sailor Stars really brought the great music to the last season! The ending on Moonlight Densetsu was another stroke of genius :D

soratami, vague and Jawshxx like this.
  6. I wish we could rate the German/Dutch version of the Sailor Moon theme.

I'm in, obviously. This should be fun.

soratami, vague and berserkboi like this.
  7. My favourite of the international versions :D

Yes, I used to download all music related to Sailor Moon and listen on repeat - a Stan!!! :D

pop3blow2, soratami, Remorque and 3 others like this.
  8. Same. All Sailor Moon-related music is iconic. I still regularly bop to the music from the PGSM live-action series.

vague and berserkboi like this.
  9. More like Sailor Moon La Isla Bonita. Bop tho

Speaking of borderline plagiarism, the original Moonlight Densetsu borrows heavily from another song released during the 1960s.

My mind was blown

Maki, soratami, Remorque and 2 others like this.
  10. Me getting ready for having my 11 eliminated in the first 3 songs as it's sung by male artist.
    [​IMG]

Maki, soratami, Remorque and 5 others like this.
  11. Also kind of wanted this included

Because it is an absolute 90s dance bop produced by Tetsuya Komuro of Amuro Namie and globe fame, but alas the anime is pretty obscure dddd

12. Is it by Susumu? Because any ballot that tanks Susumu is being thrown out!! Ddddd

vague and The Hot Rock like this.
  13. Maki, soratami, vague and 5 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.