Did anyone watch the first episode of 90210 Season 2 on tuesday night? As well as the season premier of the revamped Melrose Place? Both were AMAZING.

Re: 90210 / Melrose Place

JoshJB said:
I completely forgot about these... Now off to download acquire!

me to. I don't live stateside you see but I will be damned if I have to wait six months for them to air in the UK!

90210 was epic. They have really learnt from the mistakes of the last season and changed the feel of the show. My only gripe is Kelly wasn't in the first episode. I think she should be a regular.

Melrose was surprisngly brilliant as well

let me know what you think of them!

Omead said:
My only gripe is Kelly wasn't in the first episode. I think she should be a regular.

I thought the new writer in charge wanted to get rid of the old characters? Are Kelly and Brenda still appearing in the second season, then?

Conan said:
Omead said:
My only gripe is Kelly wasn't in the first episode. I think she should be a regular.

I thought the new writer in charge wanted to get rid of the old characters? Are Kelly and Brenda still appearing in the second season, then?

Its been confirmed that Ann Gillespie (Kelly and Silver's mom Jacquie) will come back and try and make up with both her daughters. So Kelly will be back. No mention about Brenda yet - which by the way was the most pointless thing ever. Her coming back for 90210. They ruined her. She had nothing pretty much and nothing to work with.

When I first tuned in to the new 90210 I was really excited about the oldies coming back but now I don't think there is room for many of them. Kelly yes. Donna maybe. Brenda? No. She has no ties to beverly hills

It was an OK premiere episode, I didn't think it was particularly strong, but good enough and nice to have it back!

Really disappointed they've messed with the theme tune and opening credits though. The new remix is pathetic!

Wish it had been a two hour premier - I missed characters like Kelly and Ryan. Don't really get why Silver is now BFFs with Adrianna and Naomi either?!

The new blonde guy (Teddy?) looks far too old to be playing a 17 year old! The actor is 30! I know in US TV shows its not unusual for someone in their early to mid-20s to play teenagers but that's stretching it...

I'm sure it will get better though. The new stylings of the female characters is quite apparent though. Probably won't get around to watching MP until tomorrow...

Don't know about anyone else, but I just rushed to find/download "The Freakalator" song (the bit where everything seemed to go and bit High School Musical and they all broke out into chereographed dancing)!

JoshJB said:
Wish it had been a two hour premier - I missed characters like Kelly and Ryan. Don't really get why Silver is now BFFs with Adrianna and Naomi either?!

They reconnected over the summer because they were in summer school together.

and I to HATE the new theme tune to!

As an episode I loved it and loved the direction they are going in. I feel really sorry for Annie though. lol

and yeah, i dont get their whole dance routine thing. it was weird

I find Annie SO irritating! It's a shame she couldn't have ran over herself. In fact, I find both her and Naomi so unlikeable. Adrianna and Silver are much more likeable (well mid-to-late Season 1 Adrianna was: I get the impression they're about to make her unlikeable by getting her to cheat or something...)

I hope "The Freakalator" song gets released. It feels very 2004 though!

OMFG!

'Melrose Place' was one of the WORST written pilots i've ever seen.

And since when does reciting your lines like you're going over your shoppinglist count as acting?!?

Gawd. The re-booting needs to stop.

I decided to D/L the "Melrose Place" pilot on a whim - never seen the original show but I quite like the "90210" revamp so I thought I'd give it a bash.

My verdict? Not bad, but not great. One thing that stood out was the cinematography and overall 'look' of the show, which was gorgeous. Very cinematic and expensive looking. And the prospect of seeing Katie Cassidy playing a bitchy bi-sexual/lesbian(?) character excites me, as shallow as that is. But on the whole, it felt pretty... empty? The acting was fairly dull (and Ashlee Simpson was incredibly awkward and uncomfortable looking) and the script was pretty baaaaad.

But meh. I'll probably download the first few eps... I'm just waiting for "The Beautiful Life: TBL" to start anyways.

Annie of 90210 is painfully annoying. In season 1 she was far to bubly and all her "acting" that involved quinty facial expressions was dreadfull. She seems better this season so far though. Not because her acting is better but because she acts better as a depressed person than she does a hyper happy person.

I seem to be the only person who found the Melrose pilot quite intriguing. It had some dark moments and big fat SPOILER coming ahead

I loved it when they discovered Sidney in the pool and the camera goes into the water and the "Melrose Place" title comes up. it was THAT there that made me think they could do something cool with this.

Spoiler over

As for Ashlee Simpson I thought her acting was quite average. Not awful, not great. Exceptable. I think she is going to be the resident bicth though. Pretending to be all nice then revealing her claws later

Its all quite exciting. and Im quite sad. I laugh out loud at this because it is so hilarious

I actually really enjoyed the 90210 premiere, which was a pleasant surprise since I struggled to get through the first season at times. Hopefully the new producer is taking things in a better direction, it seems like they were given a budget increase because the overall look of the show is a lot better, and so are the wardrobes (and Adrianna's hair looks a million times better).

Now Melrose Place I'm not so sure about. I never really watched the original so maybe that's why, but I thought it was kind of boring. It may have potential to pick up, but for me the most entertaining thing was seeing Ashlee Simpson's new head...could she look any more different than she did a few years ago? It's getting a little ridiculous!

Oh I forgot to add that I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds Annie incredibly annoying...she is just weird looking and NOT a good actress

Oh I forgot to add that I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds Annie incredibly annoying...she is just weird looking and NOT a good actress

Didn't you just love when she flipped in the season finale? Even the E4 voiceover guy said "Make sure you don't miss Annie's angry face!"

I think Annie is very pretty myself. Its just the acting and alll those dam facial expressions. The actress just cant act! And tries very hard. Although her meltdown in the season 1 finale was quite good

To be frank, she's the worst of a bad bunch. The acting on "90210" is generally very average at best. The only one of them who stands out is the girl who plays Silver. Oh, and the guy who played Ethan wasn't bad. Best character is definitely Granny Tabitha - she's hilarious.

But the rest of them... Naomi can be quite bad at times; Navid is just bland; Adrianna's okay-ish (but she gets a free pass from me because she is stunningly beautiful); Annie's parents are rather annoying, especially considering the ages of the actors (for some reason, Lori Laughlin (?) rubs me the wrong way) and the new guy Liam just isn't believable as a 'bad boy' at all.

Gosh, you'd think I hated the show from reading that, haha!

Anybody watched this week's episodes of 90210 and melrose??
The new trashier take on 90210 is really working! And I am hooked on Melrose now.

Not really a 90210 fan but watched the first two episodes of Melrose Place and I really like it. Very slick, very fun and I like the mystery. I love Ella aswell, she is already the heart of the show. The ratings aren't great, hope it can pull through.

Anybody watched this week's episodes of 90210 and melrose??

I'm downloading it tonight! But I'm just gonna wait for "90210" to start again on E4 next year, though. I'm using an old, slow computer just now so I can't be bothered downloading too much, haha.