90s Forgotten Gems | Page 16 | The Popjustice Forum

90s Forgotten Gems

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by AcerBenII, Mar 17, 2018.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  2. A bit obsessed with this recently, the very frantic/intense dancing in the video is killing me.

I also have no idea who they were supposed to be marketed for? The backing track screams teen pop but everything else seems more fitted to young adults?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    Conan, tylerc, Vengabus and 1 other person like this.
  3. What IS that dancing in the bathroom about, does not match the song in any way.

LPMA likes this.
  4. Better than the slightly more remembered Cry India, if you ask me.

dangeleyes and Vengabus like this.
  5. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I'm convinced over here this was the single mix, but... the dancing possibly fits worse?

6. What am I up to, you ask? I’m telefunkin’!

7. Always loved this mix of it though

8. This song deserved to be huge, which was not to be. It shows how good the Sade guys were, something you don't really realize as they prefer to stay on the background. Gorgeous song and album.

IEngineered likes this.
  9. Island

Island Staff Member

10. I've just watched this one and apparently, vigorous, off-tempo dancing was their thing?

Vengabus and Mvnl like this.
  11. Stumbled across this gem of a song when I was rearranging my cds. What glorious voices.

phoenix123, 2014, pmas and 2 others like this.
  12. I was raging when they replaced this with something else on the VHS and DVD release of Queer As Folk.

13. Just discovering this, and if they weren't the main inspiration for Girls5Eva, then I don't know what was. Literally iconic.

LPMA and Mvnl like this.
  14. Very Janet circa 1993.
    Nice!

Delage likes this.
  15. Best known for their 1989 US#2 smash Two To Make It Right and for the post-group notoriety of members Idalis De León and Michelle Lynn Shupack, this was Seduction's biggest UK hit, hitting the dizzy heights of #75 in 1990.

hownee, Mjg0806 and Delage like this.
  16. A shame the UK never embraced those US freestyle girl groups of the late 80s/early 90s. Although Seduction had quite diverse-sounding singles in their one album, not just freestyle.

Exposé only barely cracked the UK top 75 with the bland "I'll Never Get Over You (Getting Over Me)" while their late 80s bops managed a week at the bottom of the UK top 100. Sweet Sensation never had a UK hit and The Cover Girls weirdly did make the UK top 40 once they booted their first helium-voiced lead vocalist for more capable singers.

ChazElite likes this.
  17. Two years before Mambo N.º 5, Lou Bega was in a group trying to churn the next Coco Jamboo.

berserkboi, Caleo23 and Mvnl like this.
  18. I live for this vibe! Nostalgia central. Need a whole playlist of this Euro-Reggae era.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.