A Decade of Diamonds: The Marina Discography Rate (VOTING CLOSES 16TH SEPT) | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum

A Decade of Diamonds: The Marina Discography Rate (VOTING CLOSES 16TH SEPT)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by əʊæ, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Love + Fear needs your support!

I swear, if y'all tank Too Afraid...

2. [​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

RUNAWAY, Pecans, londonrain and 10 others like this.
  4. I've rated everything from ten down to six so far. I just need to get all the way to zero for my least favourite song(s), check and make any minor adjustments, pick my eleven and hey presto!

I'll add commentary if I have chance. If not I'll just do it as the reveals progress.

Oh, and I'm by no means and Love + Fear hater (I've given the album three or four tens), but no way is it as good as the masterpiece that is Froot!

5. A New Hits Friday playlist better than Froot?

I just have the covers left to rate.

əʊæ and CasuallyCrazed like this.
  6. I've started to write the commentary from the end of the list going backwards so at least now L+F is done.

əʊæ likes this.
  7. Froot is mostly amazing, but anyone rating its filler tracks higher than Love + Fear's highlights is just wrong.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    Maki and Verandi like this.
  8. Yeah! I felt the need for the playlist when I was rating Love and Fear as its own separate body of work. My scores were higher than I expected (I mean Marina’s voice really can make up for some questionable lyrics!). But the second I played some of the songs I was giving an 8 or 9 to next to The Family Jewels, my score plummeted.

Aester, əʊæ, Maki and 1 other person like this.
  9. I can confirm Too Afraid is getting a score higher than 5 from me, which isn't something I can say for half of L+F tracks
    [​IMG]

10. I'm sorry what? I haven't even listened to it yet, but Froot is a masterpiece.

Cundy, babes aloud and əʊæ like this.
  11. Filler? ON MY FROOT?
    [​IMG]

RUNAWAY, Cundy, Music Is Life and 2 others like this.
  12. Jus entered some ballots
    [​IMG]

Days since someone scored Orange Trees higher than Happy: 0

13. Sit back and enjoy your ballots, you don't always have to solve them!

RUNAWAY, ssa, pop3blow2 and 8 others like this.
  14. Hmm, will I actually have to deduct a point for Orange Trees with this information?

Maki, əʊæ and babes aloud like this.
  15. Uh oh, I just realized my 11 might flop hardest of all of them.
    [​IMG]

(besides whoever chose their 11 from L+F)

16. Sent!

əʊæ and Maki like this.
  17. Songs We Could Have Rated:
    A Fan Favourite Triple Feature

The best outtake from Electra Heart along with so far the only Froot and Love + Fear leaks. A Greg Kurstin produced examination of toxic family relationships, an assertion of emotional independence that takes the themes of Forget and Solitaire and neatly packs them into Savages-shaped rough-round-the-edges box, and a... Spotify ca. 2016 bop.

All three are certainly beloved amongst stans and we all wished they'd have made their respective albums. Alas, it was not meant to be...

Japanese Bonus Snippet:

All these outtakes sounding better than half of L+F. Sis...

18. There was a time where it looked like Marina had seriously packed it all in to become a psychology student and flower arranger and I’d have been happy if I’m Not Hungry Anymore was the last thing she ever did. It’s jubilant, affirmative, and at times genuinely profound. Seriously considering sitting through her tour again to see it live.

RUNAWAY, happiestgirl, Dijah. and 3 others like this.
  19. Scab and Plaster is iconic.

RUNAWAY, Cundy, happiestgirl and 4 others like this.
  20. Got done with the main album of FROOT and I'm exhausted ddd. How many times did I have to want to re-play songs until I got the words right (or more accurately just blabbered on) -- it's one of my all-time favorite albums and I couldn't find a way to give less than a 10 to anything but Weeds (still a 9 but never been that level of a favorite).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.