A farewell to UK Big Brother: The wannabe popstars... | The Popjustice Forum

A farewell to UK Big Brother: The wannabe popstars...

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by _hazzie_, May 31, 2010.

1. UK Big Brother is ending soon so what better than a Popjustice farewell. I compiled this list of all those housemates who thought for some reason or another that it would be a good idea to start a pop career.

There really is the good, the bad and the ugly... What a shame that we won't be getting anymore Big Brother pop insanity.

Big Brother 1

Nichola HoltThe Game

Craig Phillips - At This Time Of The Year

Big Brother 5

Michelle BassMust Be The Music

Nadia AlmadaA Little Bit of Action

Big Brother 6

Kemal AKA (the legendary) Zuleyka Through With Love / Give It Away / Never Gunna Let You Go

Big Brother 7

Pete Bennett Cosmonaut

Spiral - So Sexy / Finglas

Bonnie Holt - Sunshine

Big Brother 8

Chanelle HayesI Want It

Charley UcheaI Want It More

Samanda - Barbie Girl / Whistle For A Hottie / Honey Love

ShabnamShout

Ziggy from Northern Line – All Around The World

Big Brother 9

Darnell SwallowKisses Aren't Contracts

Stephanie McMichaelCamera Shy

Big Brother 11

Ife Kuku - Talkin' Dirty

2. Nadia's song was amazing, simple as - oh la, oh la la la la. I just realised that she did the 'uno dos tres quatro' before Pitbull as well. He should have to pay for that.

3. I remember really like "The Game" when it came out. I'm now judging younger me.

4. Haha. I've actually never heard it before, I was looking for links but it seems to have vanished off the face of the Earth!

5. I swear my friend bought it, I'll see if he still has it and try to get him to upload it!

6. Yes, I have vague memories too! I was quite a dancey tune from what I mind, and I don't think it was bad at all. For some reason I think it got to no.13 in the charts? I could be making that up though..

That list is missing Craig Phillips' Christmas single At This Time Of Year. It must be the most successful BB single is it not?

7. #72 unfortunately.

8. It stalled in the 70's, wiki tells me it was 72. I don't think it was terrible, but it seems to bw mixed with Summer Sun by Texas in my head, so I can't really decide.

9. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

10. Oh I had totally forgotten about that, alas it is also nowhere to be found...

I did however find this... Spiral - So Sexy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0f4ci9Rm0k from BB7, he really fancied Aisleyne. (It's really awful by the way!)

11. Zuleyka is clearly the best in that list. Diva!!

12. That Spiral song is just unbelievable. Who lets this shit out of the studio?

13. I Want It is actually amazing though.

14. Oh most definitely, I could see myself listening to that on a regular basis. Camera Shy is also brilliant.

Cosmonaut is actually pretty decent too.

15. Don't forget Kandyfloss - I Want It All

I'm still waiting for the full song to leak.

16. I'm still waiting for Jon Tickle's debut, personally.

17. I used to make music with Amma from BB2 she's fucking amazing. Really good singer and writes great songs.

It's a pity she never released anything cos she would wipe the floor with any previous BB contestant (Not that that is much of a recommendation).

18. What is more worrying, and I kid you not, his other single 'Finglas' went top ten in Ireland http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHw3nbb6VEA. Truly shocking.

19. 3Xs

3Xs

Nadia will always be my fave.

20. I'm glad the legal system recognizes that kisses aren't in fact contracts.

I remember liking the Chanelle remix for about a week, but I'd had a surgery and was quite sickly at the time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.