Aaliyah | Page 32 | The Popjustice Forum

Aaliyah

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Queen Majesty, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Ah, yeah, that’s a good point. I’d never even thought about that.

Man, they’re really making a mess of her legacy aren’t they.

2. Recent leaks:

3. Repeating this: It's always bugged me. Does "Read Between the Lines", especially the piano, sample anything? I swear the song's piano line intro is featured in the movie "Stick It" during a gymnastics montage but it doesn't come up. That, or they just used the instrumental for this song and didn't credit it? I've attached the clip here::::

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    LPT and elektricblue like this.
  4. The way no lies were told here! Every video was filled with an iconic look, she always did the damn thing!

5. I still can't fathom how, 20 years on, we still don't have the ability to stream or download this. I'm glad I have my original CD but I want this on Spotify and a nice red vinyl re-issue would be good too!

6. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

A kii is that I'm sure that the ripped files that I have in iTunes are from the CD that my dad bought my sister back before her death in 2001. He also bought me It Was All a Dream by Dream, but we don't discuss that...

Wishlight, Jersey, Island and 5 others like this.
  7. Her voice is just so smooth. I hope everything gets put on streaming one day. Let all generations hear her beautiful voice.

8. Glad I'm not the only one. To this day, I haven't managed to find out where the sample came from.

MC54 likes this.
  9. One of my favourite albums ever. Truly stellar from top to bottom.

10. Her Magnum Opus, what an era this could've been if it wasn't cut so short.

It's Whatever
    What If
    Extra Smooth
    Read Between the Lines
    Never No More

Are my top faves

11. I thought that seemed too early...

[​IMG]

While July 7 was the earliest release, in Japan, the 'Aaliyah' album wasn't out in the UK until Monday, July 16 (and Tuesday, July 17 in the US)!

Wishlight, LPT, Ugly Beauty and 12 others like this.
  12. That picture is quite sad in retrospect.

13. Loose Rap, What If, Those Were the Days, I Can Be, and Extra Smooth! I love all the singles too obviously.

14. What an album, some of it still sounds so current.

15. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Try Again, We Need A Resolution, More Than A Woman, Rock The Boat - a singles run of gigantic legendary proportions.

16. One In A Million is her best album

17. Ok but I Refuse, It's Whatever and Messed Up... thatwasaclassic.gif

18. Definitely do not disagree but don't sleep on the Self-titled

GodsAndMonsters and j267 like this.
  19. Oh not at all, I love all three of the albums and still love a lot of the red album. But I feel as a snapshot of Aaliyahs world, the promise of what was to come for her and that 90s summer vibe to 'bump in your jeeps', One In A Million is just exquisite.

The Summer Madness sample on Girl Like You, Choosey Lover, Everything's Gonna Be Alright, the Bad Girls sample on Ladies In Da House.

There isn't one poor moment on the whole run.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.