ABBA - Voyage | Page 102 | The Popjustice Forum

ABBA - Voyage

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by hollaa01, Apr 27, 2018.

1. LTG

LTG

The Way Old Friends Do would make a perfect final song before the encore, and considering the girls sang it together a few years ago, I have hope it could be included

2. With the rise of streaming and influence they have on charts, the charts themselves have become less and less relevant because streaming can be very easily manipulated with money, marketing and pushing songs on countless popular playlists, it's got that wiff of early 00's payola and it's not a good look!

3. “The Way Old Friends Do” was the first song of the encore on the 1979 tour. They then launched into “Dancing Queen” and then finished with “Waterloo” and went out with a bang.

lutz likes this.
  4. Am I the only one who think's they should re-record Story Of A Heart with Frida and Agnetha?

5. It's lovely they did this, but I don't particularly enjoy watching it. Agnetha's very shaky and perhaps trying to sing through nerves but it sadly does make her go very out of tune.

She sounds absolutely glorious on Don't Shut Me Down, so clearly the voice is still there and it was just a little blip during that performance.

MilesAngel likes this.
  6. This is the same for me - I couldn't decipher the poignant lyrics without having to look them up, which robs the song of its punch a little.

7. Yep, it's the only thing letting it down. The lyrics are absolutely beautiful, so not being able to decipher them is such a shame, and those big choruses are so glorious - why hide them? If some technical wizard was able to bring the vocals slightly further forward, the song would be perfect for me.

Hudweiser likes this.
  8. Once you are familiar with the words it does sound a lot better.

9. Whenever I went into the new releases section on Spotify, that Billie Eilish album was always at the top, despite being released weeks earlier. Clearly someone paid to have it always appear as a new release... I just hate stuff like that.

Daniel L, robster and Coolrockgirl like this.
  10. Wouldn't it be a great touch if the last song was one of the new ones and the "abbatars" looked like the group do now?

LuckyLucky and POPGASM like this.
  11. The ABBAtars could imperceptibly age progressively throughout the live show and freak everyone out.

Frida’s hair could be era-appropriate!

[​IMG]

12. What kind of M. Night Shyamalan plot twist that would be.

MilesAngel, brauliocruz, Sam and 5 others like this.
  13. LTG

LTG

I don’t mind the weaker vocals because it’s gorgeous them just performing together. The song is perfect for ABBA, having been through it all but still have a special place in each other’s lives.

MilesAngel, lutz and ~Paul~ like this.
  14. I'm enjoying I Still Have Faith in You, but I am so glad they released it alongside Don't Shut Me Down, which has blown me away. It has me so much more pumped for the album.

15. omg I had not seen this..so so beautiful. I don't mind the vocals, it's just so incredible seeing them sing this song after all this time, and ending up hugging each other afterwards

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    MilesAngel and LTG like this.
  16. Just incase anyone hasn’t seen this.

discoteca likes this.
  17. Funny how all this has rekindled this intense love for this band.. they really are so special

mcuk and Kirkyboy like this.
  18. The woman's reaction in the background when she's told that it's Meryl, Frida and Agnetha hugging each other is priceless.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  19. I’m now unexpectedly and accidentally-on-purpose going to see Voyage live 4 times.

MmmDani, Alenko, Carlo and 11 others like this.
  20. Small things that make you happy: I opened Spotify this morning, and in the column on the right hand side six people on my friends list were listening to (or last listened to) Don't Shut Me Down. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that!

*edit* five - one had listened to 'ISHFIY'. But still!

lutz, Daniel L, discoteca and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.