ABBA - Voyage | Page 103 | The Popjustice Forum

ABBA - Voyage

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by hollaa01, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Indeed, the fact that Ed Sheeran was #1 for 10 weeks says it all really!

2. To be honest I haven't cared about the charts for a long time, it means f*** all to me. I sometimes check out the top listened-to songs of other countries on Spotify out of curiosity, but it seems all the same stuff anyway, apart from some homegrown rap that I can't really listen to (Germany and France mainly)

zacagay, Jamie and actorandlyricist like this.
  3. I hope they maintain at least one top 10 position!! They have fallen on itunes.

SlowBurn likes this.
  4. It will be such an achievement if ABBA do get a Top 10 single in 2021, a minor miracle in fact for anyone over the age of 40 to have a hit now let alone in their 70s! It will be the ultimate Popjustice.

Jamie, Dr Pop, SlowBurn and 3 others like this.
  5. I guess at the very least we are looking at top 20.

6. Uno

Uno

Strange that I Still Have Faith In You is charted higher, but good for them either way!

Andrew.L and lutz like this.
  7. In The Netherlands, they entered the singles top 100 at 18 and 21... I expected more, meh

Sprockrooster likes this.
  8. The chart is literally just a countdown of the most listened to songs. Why do people take it so personally? They are doing amazing in other areas like their album pre-orders so I don't get why we can't celebrate that without the weird reaching about "playlist payola".

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    JMRGBY and VivaForever like this.
  9. Don't Shut Me Down #1 and I Still Have Faith In You at #2 in non-shocker Sweden.

Jacques, jtm, Marquis and 20 others like this.
  10. That’s a really incredible achievement. I can’t think of many other bands from the 70s or 80s who achieved a Top 10 hit during a comeback in the last few years.

MilesAngel, lutz, lob0to and 8 others like this.
  11. That's so amazing.

lutz and SlowBurn like this.
  12. Wasn't there a poster on here who said they wouldn't chart? I vaguely remember.

Fantastic achievement. The album is going to sell bucket loads isn't it.

What a time to be alive and experience this.

13. What an utterly incredible achievement! Astonishing.

14. “I Still Have Faith In You” is #1 on the UK sales chart. “Don’t Shut Me Down” is #2.

that includes physical sales and individually purchased downloads.

15. "We do have it in us!"

Burzum, lutz, ohaimanabu and 2 others like this.
  16. What a brilliant achievement for them.

lutz and ohaimanabu like this.
  17. The singles doing so well bodes very well for the album. Here for them to break a record or two.

18. Shame 'I Still Have Faith in You' couldn't hold on but what an accomplishment nonetheless especially with the heavy competition. We have a new ABBA single in the top 10 for the first time in 40 years and first time in most our lifetime!

Hopefully they release another single before the album.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.