ABBA - Voyage | Page 112 | The Popjustice Forum

ABBA - Voyage

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by hollaa01, Apr 27, 2018.

1. I Saw it in the Mirror and Man in the Middle are bottom of the stack for me. Everything else has at least something about it.

lutz, tylerc904 and actorandlyricist like this.
  2. The two new songs really are absolute triumphs aren't they? I think for the first few days I was just dazzled by the fact that we had new ABBA songs, but they are both top-tier pop music, i'm literally having trouble playing anything else except them.

3. F***ing raging at the disrespect
    Radio 1 currently counting down the UK Top 40.

Got to ABBAs place but refused to play it and skipped straight to the next number!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2021
  4. That really is ridiculous and quite infuriating. Every song in the Top 40 should be played regardless of their ageist music policy.

5. Haven't Radio 1 been quite open about their 16-25 target demographic in the past?

Either way it's not really a surprise. I think they pushed Green Day, Madonna and Muse aside for being too old in recent years.

I'm sure ABBA are being played by a gazillion other stations.

lutz likes this.
  6. They have, but I didn't realise it was as bad as not playing the entire Top 40 rundown these days.

SlowBurn, lutz and lob0to like this.
  7. I haven't listened for a long time but last time I did I remember them skipping random songs that were on their way out because the show was shorter than it used to be, usually 'lesser' hits (i.e. something that hadn't bothered the Top 20).

8. I'm 25 and I WANT ABBA!!! haha

MmmDani, discoteca, SlowBurn and 4 others like this.
  9. They played them both last week.

10. Barely anyone cares about the top 40 now so they have condensed it down over the years, particularly the lower half, and will obviously favour tracks within that that their demographic prefer.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  11. I believe it is in there.

actorandlyricist and Alan like this.
  12. Apologies if this has been dissected already but I've just been listening to Don't Shut Me Down and I thought that Frida's vocal is a lot more prominent that Agnetha's in the chorus of the song. Has anybody else noticed that or am I just that big of a Frida Stan I'm imagining the whole thing?

actorandlyricist and AGiantSheep like this.
  13. The song is top tier ABBA but the album is mostly garbage. Me and Bobby And Bobby's Brother is (for me) the worst ABBA song in existence. Even with my holy queen Frida on lead, I can't find a shred of anything to recommend.

14. Some new(I think) info!

[​IMG]

15. [​IMG]

Message from Frida? Hmm...

16. Here here. Man I hate agiesm. Even more so agiesm when it comes to ABBA.

idratherjack and Mikey1701 like this.
  17. Lila

Lila Staff Member

Hello everyone. Just a reminder please to not use abbreviations or acronyms when talking about songs. It’s confusing and looks awful. Thanks!

18. Half-speed master? What does that mean? (as in, why?)

19. In the vinyl manufacturing process, it means that the process is slowed down to achieve a superior sounding record. So each vinyl takes longer to make, but supposedly higher frequency audio benefits from this slowing in the speed of manufacture.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  20. Ah, perfect, thank you! I was wondering why anyone would want songs at half-speed haha

SlowBurn and VivaForever like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.