ABBA - Voyage | Page 153 | The Popjustice Forum

ABBA - Voyage

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by hollaa01, Apr 27, 2018.

1. I cannot believe that I have been able to go to the shop, buy an ABBA CD and have the experience of listening to a brand new ABBA record for the first (and probably last) time. What a gift.

Heretic, Alenko, diegolcl and 5 others like this.
  2. You’re her son???

AshtrayHeart likes this.
  3. So … this is absolute perfection and a perfect end to their story.. I just got so emotional listening to this album, thinking of how ABBA saved my life as a child sitting in my bedroom in a small German town, dreaming of a different life, hoping that one day my life might be like an ABBA song (just like Muriel, in fact ! ).. I was dreaming of moving to London, and Paris, away from the nastiness and bullying and intolerance.. and now I’m sitting here, 40 years later, in Paris .. thinking that in fact ABBA has saved my life in so many ways, giving me hope, making me believe that life can be everything you want it to be and that YES music can save our lives, give us hope and strength.
    And this album is just so perfect in so many ways ..
    anyway, too emotional for words right now so will come back later ! But yes I’m just so happy we have this album in our lives now

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
    LPT, scottdisick94, Burzum and 43 others like this.
  4. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

My contrarian opinion of the week is that Little Things is one of the album’s best. It 100% captures the Christmas spirit you remember as a kid but can never quite access as an adult. I can totally see it becoming a yearly streaming hit.

5. Little Things is now (on my fourth listen) the only song I'm not feeling. It's fine but when the children appear I hit skip.

Some of y'all about to be real mad at me, but it must be said: Just a Notion is absolutely brilliant. Only Don't Shut Me Down and Keep an Eye on Dan reach that level of classic ABBA.

6. Aww, this is so, so lovely. Enjoy this truly amazing moment!

penghuwan and lutz like this.
  7. It’s so, so beautiful. Their voices are beyond gorgeous and the song takes tiny little unexpected shifts that only Benny is capable of. Achingly beautiful.

diegolcl, Inland Empire and lutz like this.
  8. Thinking Ed Sheeran burnt the factory down to stop them being able to ship and get a number one.

Alenko, Wishlight, zacagay and 5 others like this.
  9. Grabbed my Target version of the vinyl on my lunch break. I also must of just played Keep An Eye On Dan about 10 times in a row.

SlowBurn and lutz like this.
  10. Someone better tell Bjorn that they’re running a Mamma Mia The Party at the pressing plant this week - get him to pay overtime to ship these damn charred records.

lutz and SlowBurn like this.
  11. It's a joy to behold and then some.

12. Lovely post!

Wishlight, Mikey1701 and lutz like this.
  13. and what’s truly amazing is that I can post this knowing that every single person here will understand, and will have lived / or is living through something similar .. long live the Popjustice Forum !!!

carlbob, Wishlight, Wild Man. and 3 others like this.
  14. Just got my yellow vinyl from Target, and it has the smallest spot of black on it. Of course. Will it impact the music and my enjoyment of the new songs? No. Will it be pestering me from the back of my mind every time I play it? You know it.

Wild Man., lutz and Mikey1701 like this.
  15. List of characters in Mamma Mia 3

Nina
    Helen
    Suzy
    Bobby
    Bobby’s brother
    Sam the chauffeur
    Annie
    Gerry
    Sue
    Alice Whiting
    Mrs. Whiting (Alice’s mother)
    Dan
    and a dog called Tammy

They’re all on holiday in Hawaii playing Ludo

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  16. I don’t understand why people are underwhelmed by this album. It’s an ABBA album in 2021.

Is it a groundbreaking album? No.

Was it going to be groundbreaking after a 40-year break? Probably not.

Is it what an ABBA album would sound like in 2021? Yes.

Regardless, is it amazing to have new ABBA music? Absolutely.

Alenko, Wishlight, Jamie and 10 others like this.
  17. Don’t you dare manifest Me And Bobby And Bobby’s Brother for Mamma Mia 3! I won’t have it!

Heretic, actorandlyricist and lutz like this.
  18. I shouldn’t really have dared to manifest Mamma Mia 3 to be honest.

19. Perfectly put and well said.

Stuart, lutz and Mikey1701 like this.
  20. I said it earlier today but if we don’t get Cher belting out Don’t Shut Me Down it will be homophobic in the extreme! Plus I loved Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.