ABBA - Voyage | Page 160 | The Popjustice Forum

ABBA - Voyage

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by hollaa01, Apr 27, 2018.

1. electrosamurai likes this.
  2. RidesOnTheBreeze likes this.
  3. I have ended up with far too many copies of this album. Guess what everyone I know is getting for Christmas

WhatKindOfKylie? and blaze_dave like this.
  4. "Little Things"
    “Benny tells me he didn't think of it as a Christmas song, but I, the minute I heard it, I said it cannot be anything else. It is early, early Christmas morning. The stockings are hanging right there and then this couple wakes up. This could be played for Christmases to come. And that would be great, because we want to own Christmas and New Year's Eve, like with [1980’s] 'Happy New Year.'”

Go ABBA!

5. I understand why people don't like Little Things but at the end of the day it's ABBA doing a Christmas track. It was only ever going to sound a little twee and saccharine and a bit cheesy. But aren't the best Christmas songs? I imagine if they promote this with a cute video it will probably do quite well. Then hopefully in the new year they can put something out like No Doubt About It.

Wishlight, SlowBurn, Txetxu and 2 others like this.
  6. I’m not a fan of Little Things but the transition into Don’t Shut Me Down “A while ago, I heard the sound of children's laughter
    Now it's quiet, so I guess they left the park” gives me chills.

Macsun, Guyhawke!, Wishlight and 7 others like this.
  7. I Still Have Faith In You has been making me cry whenever I listen to it all of a sudden. What the heck.

8. I didn’t understand why they put Just a notion on the album but now when it comes on after Don’t shut me down it feels like a feverish dream, like a dream sequence in a movie .. she’s just seen her lover after all these years and now suddenly she remembers the moment they met , all those years ago ..and suddenly Agnatha’s and Friday’s pristine and crystal clear voices are there again , like they sounded at the time . This then followed by Agnetha now, starting I could be that woman .. The sequencing of this album is genius

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
  9. I was just thinking how strong she still sounds, it’s so impressive. However there’s a vulnerability in Agnetha’s voice these days which is also so beautiful.

Daniel L, SlowBurn and lutz like this.
  10. Agree, there’s a depth to her voice now that is hauntingly beautiful. She sounds like she is singing her personal life story

Daniel L and SlowBurn like this.
  11. I thought it was pretty clear though?
    You're confused when you turn to face me
    Is it true or is she drunk?
    But it's clear that I've hit my rock bottom
    I'm aware of how far I've sunk
    And the dog is the first to feel it
    There's a shimmer of hope in your eyes
    You can't believe it
    But you're close to tears
    Oh God! I'm sorry for the wasted years

diegolcl likes this.
  12. Still the finest song on Voyage for me. What an opener.

AndrewX, andru, lutz and 1 other person like this.
  13. I think it’s amazingly structured. The way it builds up and then comes down. So good.

andru, SlowBurn, lutz and 1 other person like this.
  14. It's genius.

15. Little Things should have closed the album.

"If you sing along, it could be a song that my grandma sings."

Meta!

I'm not joking tho

16. Official Store not sending my Deluxe CD Box alongside my black vinyl. Fuming.

SlowBurn likes this.
  17. I'm perched for their future Bank Holiday Monday smash!

SlowBurn likes this.
  18. I instantly pictured a sandy-coloured terrier:

[​IMG]

VivaForever and SlowBurn like this.
  19. I'd love a gorgeously Christmassy animated video for Little Things, a la Dear Jessie!

And please ladle on the cheese for all those twee-haters with swinging bricks for hearts.

P Grandson and Mikey1701 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.