ABBA - Voyage | Page 203 | The Popjustice Forum

ABBA - Voyage

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by hollaa01, Apr 27, 2018.

1. I’m very much looking forward to seeing it (on 29 May). I think I’m more excited at this than if it was the real thing. The real ABBA in 1977 or 1979 would have topped this, but it’s the next best alternative.

I love the whole idea of it - a completely new way of seeing ABBA now as they were then. A reinvention of them. The only show that matched this in terms of my excitement was Kate Bush’s Before The Dawn.

Jamie and SlowBurn like this.
  2. Plus, let's face it, how often do you go to a show and end up stuck somewhere and having to watch stuff on the screen or squint to get a view or get someone in your way? At this, you can just let go and enjoy it for what it is.

3. No one went last night? I can’t bring myself to ask my ‘friends’ who went. Yes, their friend status is in question.

Phones went into black tagged bags before show thankfully - however there’s pics around of merchandise etc. if interested.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  4. First audience tech preview last night. Social media blackout but it will leak.

Mvnl likes this.
  5. One mixed review.

Says they've missed a few tricks regarding elements to the show itself. Which I can agree with, everyone loves a confetti Canon moment.

Mvnl likes this.
  6. WHERE is the setlist?!

maneater83 and Mvnl like this.
  7. It's something I'd love to see, but only if I lived nearby. I'm not travelling hours to see holograms, nope.

Hurricane likes this.
  8. Apparently the first song is

The Visitors

9. Is that confirmed though? Or is it just speculation from when that sheet music pic leaked?

10. Someone that’s seen the preview show yesterday apparently.

RidesOnTheBreeze likes this.
  11. that’s going to be a killer opening and it’s also

incredibly poignant given what’s going on in the world

the other confirmed songs are

Don’t Shut Me Down
    I Still Have Faith In You
    Dancing Queen
    Knowing Me, Knowing You
    Chiquitita
    Gimme Gimme Gimme
    Voulez Vous
    Eagle

SlowBurn, Alan, lob0to and 1 other person like this.
  12. Please God give me the strength to avoid this thread until next Saturday night once I've seen the show...

lutz, Jamie and RidesOnTheBreeze like this.
  13. A friend went and has raved non-stop about it. Said it's the most immersive concert experience she's ever been to. And she goes to a LOT of concerts. She said the entire arena comes alive and if the ABBAtars weren't there it would still be a phenomenal experience based on the lighting alone.

MmmDani, Txetxu, Alan and 4 others like this.
  14. did she give you the full setlist? :D

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  15. A bit more setlist info

- the setlist from rehearsal last night might not be the final setlist. They’ve already made changes for the remaining rehearsals.

- Money Money Money & Super Trouper were NOT performed.

Mvnl likes this.
  16. Another rehearsal tonight.

17. I hope they get some A-list London celebs at opening night!

18. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

The latter is definitely a choice

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.