ABBA - Voyage | Page 206 | The Popjustice Forum

ABBA - Voyage

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by hollaa01, Apr 27, 2018.

1. There were some reports that all four of ABBA were already in London and had been seen at one of the preview shows at the end. However, it’s been misinterpreted and is really this:

Apparently, one of the ‘surprises’ is that the 4 of them come on stage and wave to the audience at the end of the concert but they are abbatars, not the real thing, only they look as they do now rather than the c1977 versions. Apparently.

2. Frida has personally invited Kylie and Kathy Lette to opening night apparently!

3. See, now this would make me sob.

Wild Man. likes this.
  4. Based on this and the reports from some shows, the setlist could look something like (in order of the album release):

Waterloo
    Mamma Mia
    SOS
    Dancing Queen
    Knowing Me, Knowing You
    Fernando
    Eagle
    Take A Chance On Me
    Thank You For The Music
    Voulez Vous
    Chiquitita
    Does Your Mother Know
    Summer Night City
    Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)
    The Winner Takes It All
    Lay All Your Love On Me
    The Visitors
    When All Is Said And Done
    I Still Have Faith In You
    Don't Shut Me Down

Last edited: May 25, 2022
  5. that is only 20 songs. Benny confirmed 22 songs on launch night

Apparently the band has a “jam” song. Could be Intermezzo No. 1?

6. Yeah, Benny and others had said 22 but then the ABBA Voyage social media videos in recent weeks have specified 20 songs. Maybe 22+ were recorded, or else maybe 20 are actually performed and then others feature in interludes etc?

7. The official insta account leaked the number of songs from each album, though it has been deleted now.

Waterloo - 1
    ABBA - 2
    Arrival - 3
    The Album - 3
    Voulez Vous - 5
    Super Trouper - 2
    The Visitors - 2
    Voyage - 2

Kirkyboy and Wild Man. like this.
  8. No
    Super Trouper?
    A crime!

9. Unthinkable!

Smooth Criminal likes this.
  10. …… choices.

SlowBurn likes this.
  11. Yeah, that's kind of an essential song isn't it? Odd.

SlowBurn and Kylemj like this.
  12. Deliberately left out so they can add it later 'by popular demand' and make us all buy tickets again?

Smooth Criminal and Jamie like this.
  13. Has time ever moved so slowly?? I’m off work with Covid and seeing news and reactions from Friday is all that’s keeping me going!

I won’t be seeing it till at least September so there’s no point me trying to avoid spoilers

SlowBurn likes this.
  14. Anyone that was hoping it would end up on YouTube might be disappointed to learn:

"During your visit, you are welcome to take photos outside of the arena and inside the main arena concourse. However, to keep the contents of the concert a secret for future audiences, and to limit distraction for those around you, the taking of photographs or the use of audio or video recording of the concert is prohibited. So kindly put your phones and cameras away, help ABBA keep the mystery of Voyage alive, and please enjoy."

It will be like Before The Dawn all over again…

lutz and SlowBurn like this.
  15. I hope this won't be enforced too strictly - it'll be a bit of a pain if everyone has to seal up their phones like at the preview shows...

16. I seem to remember something from months back where they were encouraging photos and videos in order to entice more people

17. linum likes this.
  18. I’d rather them say there won’t be anything else than not. If they change their mind, it’ll be a pleasant surprise. If not, we got one final album that stands up with the rest of their discography that was released more than 40 years before. I’ll remain hopeful that they change their mind about unreleased tracks and at least give us that. I won’t hold my breath either way.

19. No photos and videos really doesn’t make sense in the modern world. People posting is the best free promo that there is. Surely it should be encouraged these days.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.