ABBA - Voyage | Page 212 | The Popjustice Forum

ABBA - Voyage

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by hollaa01, Apr 27, 2018.

1. We’ve just arrived at our hotel. Oh my god I could BURST.

Who’s going tonight? I’ve got my Agnetha cat t-shirt on!

Blayke, lob0to, LPT and 5 others like this.
  2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I'm now picturing a cat with Agnetha's face. Please enlighten me?
    (And have a great night!)

actorandlyricist likes this.
  3. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

lob0to, Jacques, LPT and 3 others like this.
  4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

But of course!
    (I kinda like my mental image better. <opens MS Paint>)

Kylemj and actorandlyricist like this.
  5. ^that!

SlowBurn likes this.
  6. I always forget I saw B&B at the Thank You for the Music thing they did in Hyde Park (with Kylie, no less). Seeing A&A would've been a dream though! And all four together.

P'NutButter, lutz and Mvnl like this.
  7. Outside getting drunk as we speak.

I was very dismissive when this was first announced, but I caved in the day tickets went on sale, had a friend rave about the rehearsal she saw on Sunday and now I CAN’T FUCKING WAIT!!!

@Vasilios are you here???

8. I’ve just come out of the ABBA Arena.
    I cried at least 4 times.
    I’m in a complete state of shock.

collxtion, LPT, P'NutButter and 17 others like this.
  9. I go see this a week today and I arrive in London on Thursday evening and my friend has let me down. Anyone got good ideas what can do solo on a bank holiday Thursday evening in London?

10. No babe! I didn't get tickets in the end. I'll def try and catch it if I'm in London for something else though.

Jacques likes this.
  11. Cried at the beginning.
    Cried in the middle.
    Cried at the end.
    Literally the most amazing thing I’ve seen in my entire life. It’s jaw dropping. Like magic. Gonna cry at least twice tomorrow I think.

Booking more tickets tomorrow. Next time I’m taking ecstasy!!!

Last edited: May 28, 2022
  12. Let me know l’ll 100% go again. It will run for the next 20 years. Don’t have to worry about missing it. See ya in Barca

SlowBurn and Vasilios like this.
  13. Put this on a banner outside the arena.

14. Anyone done the departure lounge experience, what’s it’s like? I got a ticket for it and wondered what it was like? Also got a dance floor ticket and wondered if will still get a decent spot on dance floor while still doing the departure lounge experience.

15. Right here are my thoughts.

Oh my god you guys I’m just back at my hotel after the show.

it is INCREDIBLE.

The avatars look incredibly life like. More so when you’re watching the stage than the screens. But they’re not “on stage” for the whole thing. There’s lots of other things going on. Lots of visuals and the lighting is amazing. The setlist flows brilliantly, though some songs were cut a bit short. Lay All Your Love On Me really went off in the arena but they cut the last verse.

Vocal wise, it really did sound LIVE. The only song I thought obviously used the original studio take was The Winner Takes It All. At least 2 songs were alternate studio takes, When All Is Said And Done in particular was far more emotive than the studio version. And several songs used 1979 live vocals, but just in parts. Knowing Me, Knowing You for example was the studio verses with 1979 live choruses.

All 4 avatars interacted with the audience. Frida dedicated Fernando to her grandmother and all the “strong women survivors” of the world, it was very touching.

The lighting and sound is unbelievable. Truly magnificent. It’s almost a shame that other bands won’t get to use the ABBA Arena cause it’s a top notch venue and very well connected.

The only thing that I didn’t particularly like was the animation sequence during Voulez Vous. It works during Eagle, but VV needed the stage action. Having spoken to a guy afterwards, the animated sequences give the avatar projectors a break because they get incredibly hot.

I didn’t even miss the 2 big bangers being missing from the set - no Super Trouper or Take A Chance On Me. But it didn’t matter, I didn’t even notice.

I can’t really sum up how amazing it was and how I feel. Just GO AND SEE IT. You won’t be sorry.

collxtion, P'NutButter, lutz and 7 others like this.
  16. Okay, I was a sceptic before but not anymore after your review. It sounds absolutely amazing.

Going to get tickets for my mams birthday and take my sis. I NEED to hear Lay All Your Love On Me live.

17. You will love every single minute of it.

There’s loads of humour in it too. Benny’s avatar has a costume change on stage and it’s really amusing….”oh no, my arse is stuck!”

The band are something else too. They played it so well. All the music is live.

lutz, Heretic and SlowBurn like this.
  18. Oh, AND all 4 attended the show tonight but they didn’t appear on stage. They were up in one of the dance booths

19. Is there no clips of the show other than SOS? Really want to see the opening

Heretic likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.