ABBA - Voyage | Page 213 | The Popjustice Forum

ABBA - Voyage

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by hollaa01, Apr 27, 2018.

1. the opening sequence and song 2 blow the roof off.

collxtion likes this.
  2. Hmm, these two clips have me a wee bit concerned. Firstly, the avatars on the large screens look much more fake up close, and secondly, all the lights everywhere are possibly a little distracting? When I do go, I'll definitely try to focus on the avatars on stage, that's for sure. I'm not at all convinced by the close-ups.

lucasdc and HorseTears like this.
  3. NONE of the videos do it justice. Honestly. You’ll love it. The lighting during Dancing Queen was one of my favourite moments. And the crowd went nuts for it.

4. Aww I'm sure I will absolutely be blown away. Phone videos never do concerts justice. So glad you had such an amazing time! Twitter is flooded again with audience members who are still in awe of what they've experienced.

Great review from Variety: https://variety.com/2022/music/concert-reviews/abba-voyage-cgi-concert-review-1235280181/

Baby Clyde, Mvnl and RidesOnTheBreeze like this.
  5. Either the ABBA-tars are incredibly realistic or everyone is getting hammered before they see the show - I’ve seen at least 3 friends post tonight that ABBA were on stage at the end and it’s clearly just photos of the final “curtain call” of the show!

Mvnl and SlowBurn like this.
  6. I think it's a bit of everything. From what I've been told you get so used to the ABBA-tars, that by the time of the curtain call you're convinced they're real people.

Baby Clyde and SlowBurn like this.
  7. This looks every bit as exceptional as I had imagined. I hope people actually comply with the no camera rule because it's obviously not built to translate to people's iPhones the same way it would in person - 'immersive experience' indeed.

Loving that the setlist has enough nods to the hardcore fans to also please them. The opening two songs and the inclusion of another late period gem is close to a fever dream for me.

x

8. A clip some of you might want….

Finally a chance to see Bjorn in action

blaze_dave, WoW73 and Mvnl like this.
  9. Seeing Agnetha 'sing' this classic with her 70's hair feels a bit off....

AbSynth and Heretic like this.
  10. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

What I do feel is missing a bit in that clip is any kind of response to the crowd. It makes sense but to see her keep going with a straight face with not even a faint smile acknowledging all the cheers feels a bit... disconnected?

HorseTears likes this.
  11. Hopefully they can improve on that overtime, maybe develop it so they respond to certain levels of noise/applause

Mvnl likes this.
  12. Because she isn’t actually there, you know.

honestly it didn’t feel like that at all in the arena.

lutz, Mvnl and JMRGBY like this.
  13. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah I almost added a 'it's almost like she isn't there' myself.
    Which I why I said it makes sense, but it feels a bit off on the video

brauliocruz likes this.
  14. Such a shame The Winner Takes It All was never performed live.

15. I’m going tomorrow night for the first time of three visits with my ex who’s an ABBA stan in his fifties (When he was a kid he packed a suitcase and told his parents he was moving to Sweden to be closer to ABBA). He’s told me he may be uncontrollably sobbing throughout tomorrow night.

Alenko, blaze_dave, lutz and 6 others like this.
  16. The new season of Westworld is so camp!

17. So i guess the real Abba was not there last night hm?

18. Awww and also woof.

blaze_dave, Bolton and lutz like this.
  19. they were, but didn’t appear on stage together. They were up in a dance booth together. Benny & Bjorn had eyes on the crowd rather than the show.

WoW73 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.