ABBA - Voyage | Page 215 | The Popjustice Forum

ABBA - Voyage

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by hollaa01, Apr 27, 2018.

1. The way in every single photo I've seen ABBA looks real but the audience looks fake dd

2. Yes, on opening night they actually did appear - there’s a video a few pages back of when the abbatars became the real things - their real outfits changed very slightly from their abbatars. It’s a near trick to end with this current digital selves.

3. Not two groups of middle aged women fighting at the matinee gigntndjcjf

fancygreen, LTG, Overdose and 4 others like this.
  4. Which one were you in x

fancygreen, LTG, Overdose and 2 others like this.
  5. Anyway yeah the show is as great as everyone is saying.

My one criticism is the frequent use of screens, mirrors, lasers, videos, and projections to distract from… the actual holograms. It reads like they’re a little scared of how the holograms would be received - despite the fact they’re the most impressive part of the entire show. But you only get them without interruption for 5 or so songs. It would be nice if the production had been a little more confident and held back all the bells and whistles.

6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Do the humansize abbatars just conveniently disappear when there's other stuff on the screens??

Edit: seems so.
    It's interesting how for some parts they don't even pretend they're on stage but it sure looks nice

Last edited: May 28, 2022
  7. Oh yeah
    lay all your love on me
    looks like a PlayStation 5 tech demo gnfnd

Mvnl likes this.
  8. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Is it a sort of interlude or do they just randomly change from performing ABBA to ABBA giants?

9. I would say it’s pretty abrupt at times

SlowBurn and Mvnl like this.
  10. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Bright side of it: at some concerts I always find myself torn between watching the screens (for a better view) or the stage (for the actual but tiny thing). I guess here the people who made it pretty much make those decisions for you (plus it doesn't really matter cause none of it is 'real')

11. I wish I could get on the hype train for this but... I'm not buying it. Especially for some of these ticket prices... good lord

Last edited: May 28, 2022
    HorseTears and brauliocruz like this.
  12. I'm not looking at any videos or photos from the show anymore .. I really want to keep it as much as a surprise as possible . Its kinda incredible how there has not been one single negative reaction to thisnfrom anyone, compared to the negativity of so many people beforehand. I'm just happy they will be with us for a long time now, and the horrid Mamma Mia is not the only thing representing their incredible work.

mynextrick likes this.
  13. Okay but me!

lutz likes this.
  14. I’m seeing a few comments of “oh it’s just ABBA on a giant screen” etc etc all made off judgements of YouTube clips. I’m telling you, hands down, categorically, I promise they do not do this show justice at all. Please please don’t judge it from YouTube videos. They don’t capture it well at all.
    LAYLOM looks a bit Teken 3, but in person it made my fly out of my seat and everyone around me was on their feet for it.

collxtion, carlbob, SlowBurn and 4 others like this.
  15. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Are those lights actual installations or also projections?

16. they’re really there. That was one of my favourite moments too.

SlowBurn and Mvnl like this.
  17. Both

Mvnl likes this.
  18. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

The ones above the audience are real, aren't they?

19. Yep! But they blend pretty seamlessly into the ones on screen

Mvnl likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.