Abbott Elementary (S3)

Mr.Arroz

Staff member
he/him/his
Last season I felt like they took a little time to find their groove back, I have a feeling it will be the same with season 3.
I was gonna say - I haven’t watched the premiere episode yet, but the case was the same last year. It was rocky until their natural rhythm returned.

I binged the the second season, so perhaps that makes for a different experience, but I don't recall sensing that rockiness early on.

He/Him
I always hate 43 minute episodes - unnecessary celebrity cameos, spreading a plot too big and just loses its normal pace. Everything just feels off because of it. Another thing that always bugs me about comedy shows when they get big, and it happened with The Office - characters lose their specific styling/haircuts and get glammed up out of nowhere.

I loved Josh in The Other Two, but, I don't know... there's something oddly creepy about his Abbot Elementary performance. Why is he speaking like... an alien that just learned how earthlings communicate?
The only thing I found was an interview the showrunners did with Decider where they said wanted “someone who felt very warm, but also a little suspect. In that opening we needed Janine to be a little bit weary of the school district. The district has been our big boogeyman for the first two seasons of the show.… we’re not totally sure if he is the classic district all talk bullshit artist or he actually means what he’s saying.”

The only thing I found was an interview the showrunners did with Decider where they said wanted “someone who felt very warm, but also a little suspect. In that opening we needed Janine to be a little bit weary of the school district. The district has been our big boogeyman for the first two seasons of the show.… we’re not totally sure if he is the classic district all talk bullshit artist or he actually means what he’s saying.”
Interesting. I feel like you could accomplish that and still speak like a normal human being?