Abbott Elementary | Page 12 | The Popjustice Forum

Abbott Elementary

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Mr.Arroz, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Excited to see what she adds. She truly deserved some Emmy love for her incredible turn in the most recent season of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

2. Something that's been bugging me is their weird need to overexplain jokes, like all of the white people Barbara's been mistaking for black. I just wish they'd trust the audience a bit more. That said, the show still delivers with the subtle jokes and callbacks. In ep 3 I loved seeing Ava's picture with Gritty on her desk. And I howled when Mr. Johnson showed up at the end with a filthy shawl around his neck.

ohaimanabu and lushLuck like this.
  3. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I think the first few episodes were just a bit bumpy because they've clearly taken into consideration the show's reception and its successful comedic points, but this episode shows that they've moved past that and have fallen back into the natural charm that it started with. I also like the element of conflict that they've introduced between Barbara and Janine.

4. Last week’s cold open, especially Janelle’s delivery of “Ok, well, what did he look like?” and “Would you describe this person as someone who… may have trouble getting a loan?”, was the show’s best moment so far this season.

5. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

6. Honestly the Halloween episode was kinda weak.

Uno likes this.
  7. I've actually found season two to be stronger than season one. I feel like season one did a good job of introducing us to this cast, but season two is really allowing the supporting cast to shine. I feel like they've found this groove and the episodes just glide by. I like that they can put any two people in a scene together and it just works. They have amazing chemistry.

8. Not me coming in here to say I thought it was one of the best episodes of the show.

9. Just finished the first season, and I enjoyed it but I’m not as enamoured as I expected.

That said, I love Barbara and Melissa. Two absolute icons. It’s interesting that Quinta writes the older characters so brilliantly, while some of the younger ones are a bit annoying.

ohaimanabu, Jamie and Maria like this.

10. “Mommy!” never gets old

11. I'm loving this season and I *loved* Keyla Monterroso Mejia in Curb Your Enthusiasm so really happy to see her again.

12. K94

K94

Can't stop giggling thinking about Ava playing 'Pick Up Your Feelings' in class - more Ava-centred episodes please! This may have been my fave so far.

13. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

14. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

15. So well deserved!

singabob likes this.
  16. Okay but season 2 for the UK when?

Maria and colouroffensive like this.
  17. Maria likes this.
  18. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

That was the best episode this season?!

I like how they've slowly given further depth beyond Ava's quips the first season, while providing even more of them. And the interwoven plot pieces are really well done. I bust out laughing so much this entire time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.