Abbott Elementary | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Abbott Elementary

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Mr.Arroz, Jan 17, 2022.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
    R92, Mr.Arroz and lushLuck like this.
  2. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

This week's episode was perfect. A seamless blend of heart and comedy.

lushLuck, R92, Mr.Arroz and 5 others like this.
  3. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I came here to say the same when you posted, but coming back, I really wanted to reiterate this - it has so much heart but also warmth, and during this part of the pandemic (plus winter), it's been a saving grace and a comfort.

4. According to a user on Reddit, the finale episode is a field trip to the Philly zoo.

Just imagining what will ensue with Ava at a zoo. I cannot wait.

Dijah., lushLuck, Quimogen and 3 others like this.
  5. Oh, please let this be true! I’m at the edge of my seat. I can’t wait to see Janine trying to casually coax her student out of the gorilla enclosure and for Ava to chase a chimp for mischievously swiping her bracelet.

6. May Sweeps run confirmed now so ABC has real faith in it.

Also, IMDB updated today and episode 13 is called “Zoo Balloon”, so I’m thinking that Reddit user is accurate!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
    R92, K94, WowWowWowWow and 4 others like this.
  7. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

After losing Insecure, this has truly become one of my favorite things on TV.

8. If it's taking a three week break then the show would end early to mid-April. November/February/May sweeps aren't really a thing anymore though are they? The networks have pretty much moved away from scheduling their shows with that in mind now that they are aiming for more year-round programming, especially during covid times.

Someboy, lushLuck and WowWowWowWow like this.
  9. “The people have spoken, Lori Leftfoot!”

“You know I applied to Morehouse?”

This show never stops giving

Someboy, lushLuck and Mr.Arroz like this.
  10. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

"Don't bring Lady Gaga into this!"

11. As if we needed another reason to love this show…

12. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

13. But where is the ten-season renewal @ABC

14. I’m shocked we still haven’t had a renewal announcement. Maybe they are waiting for the week it starts airing again…

15. I just read this on Twitter and came to post, but you beat me to it! If teachers and students will benefit by me supporting Abbott Elementary, sign me up for a lifetime membership. In lieu of a tote and t-shirt, just send more money to the schools. Seriously, I couldn’t love this show more.

GodsAndMonsters and WowWowWowWow like this.
  16. I'm thinking Quinta and ABC are trying to agree on the terms of the renewal. ABC might want 18 episodes, she might want 13 again and at a higher fee, etc. It will definitely come back.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.