Abbott Elementary | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Abbott Elementary

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Mr.Arroz, Jan 17, 2022.

1. I'm thinking Quinta and ABC are trying to agree on the terms of the renewal. ABC might want 18 episodes, she might want 13 again and at a higher fee, etc. It will definitely come back.

2. OK but I binged this show on a flight yesterday and literally screamed out loud on multiple occasions. The viral video episode; the dancing with the kids episode...phew, the funniest show on TV.

3. I’m enjoying the show but I wish I appreciated it the same way some of you are. Maybe coming home from teaching a challenging grade four class to watch a show about the difficulties of teaching results in it not hitting the same.

lushLuck and WowWowWowWow like this.
  4. 1,000% makes sense. My coworker and I love watching Nailed It!, but her husband who’s a pastry chef says he can’t watch people fail through what he does for a living. Not that the teachers on Abbott are failing, but you get the idea. Thank you and all PJ educators for your life-changing work!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
  5. Let's all remember to fund Ava as we celebrate! She works so hard.

6. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I read that in her voice dd

7. Not that I doubted it, but it’s nice to have confirmation. So glad it will be back, but where’s the seasons three through ten announcement?

K94, Mr.Arroz, lushLuck and 1 other person like this.
  8. Never saw this but love.

9. Audiobook only!

10. I want there to be Abbott Elementary merch so badly and I also know that I should just donate the money to schools because that’s what they would want us to do.

Uno and lushLuck like this.
  11. Ok but influencers get stuff???

12. He’s not an influencer, he’s anything but. He’s an artist who works in animation and is freaking talented (and is also my very good friend in real life…) He did these amazing drawings of the cast.

13. Point taken on board, you can tell I’m an old man because I used the word influencer intending it to be a catch-all word for all the people who were regrammed by the show (content creators etc.). If anything I’m jealous of the talent and the access!

VitaminBee likes this.
  14. When the heck are they going to release this in the UK?! I know Disney+ have the rights to stream it for NZ and Aus. I really want to support the show and watch it through legitimate means.

15. No worries! He is amazing. It’s odd seeing people I know and love in real life, show up in tweet form on here. He’s great. His own animated show started airing in Canada recently, and Timbaland produced the intro theme song for it.

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  16. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

The latest episode really hit all the right points but also finally shifted to giving more conflict aside from the comedic checkpoints that it's mastered. Giving further character depth and now allowing things to pivot is just a well-measured highlight plot-wise.

17. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

They're really handling the non-comedic moments so well. I'm thinking of Janine storming out of the room after being made fun of about Tariq, or in the last episode when she was waiting for her mom to text her back as everyone was leaving for the night.

The last three episodes have all been perfect. I thought it might take until Season 2 for them to iron the kinks out but they've nailed it already.

18. Yeah this past episode was miles ahead of the others.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.