Abbott Elementary | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Abbott Elementary

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Mr.Arroz, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Slowly introducing new characters this episode was a good touch.

2. This is such a good show.

3. I think 'Desking' might be my favorite episode thus far.

Though I am gonna need Miss Ava to find another scandal to blackmail the superintendent over because I do not want to see the good sis fired, or even worse, have to work.

[​IMG]

4. K94

K94

This episode was a great counterbalance to the way they sledgehammered my heart last week. One of the funniest, most fun episodes so far!

ItBeats, lushLuck, Quimogen and 2 others like this.
  5. They’ve done such a great job with incorporating individual storylines into the overall arc of the season. I’m fully prepared for Quinta to firmly keep her foot on my neck through at least 2030.

6. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Jacob letting the desk fall down the stairs and Janine co-signing the Bert and Ernie joke were both kiis.

Dijah., K94 and WowWowWowWow like this.
  7. “So, he knew you, and was like… ‘More!’

In such a short amount of time, they’ve fleshed out these characters so well that they can basically just pick any two of them and drop them together and hilarity will be sure to ensue.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
  8. Never gets old!

9. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

10. This weeks episode had Ava at her peak hilarity.

“Can we lock him behind glass that says break in case of emergency?”

That line alone took me OUT. Janelle’s delivery is so spot on for everything.

11. I just can’t handle how this show is growing in its first season. It’s really great! There aren’t many tv comedies that start out this solid. I can’t even think of a character I hate or even dislike. It only makes me even more excited for season 2!

12. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

13. Another great episode that peeled back more of Ava’s layers.

Highlight of the episode:

heavymetalGAGA, R92, K94 and 5 others like this.
  14. "All I hear is new new new, me me me!"

Thanks to a sleepover at a friend's with a dosgy Firestick, I'm finally seeing at least two episodes of this
    [​IMG]

WowWowWowWow and lushLuck like this.
  15. That finale!!!!

Janelle James is on Kimmel tonight, can’t wait

Dijah. likes this.
  16. They really wrote a perfect series finale just in case it didn’t get picked up. Everything was wrapped up perfectly.

I thought I would be happy that Janine asked Tariq for a break but with their goodbye handshake, I was actually sad. The brilliance in the writing in that you know Janine deserves better but also that Tariq isn’t really that bad of a guy, they both just have growing to do.

I really loved the way even the janitor got to have his moment and they came full circle on the “trash!” moments from earlier in the season.

My favorite moment:

I have a serious soft spot for their relationship.

I truly cannot wait for Season 2!

17. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I gasped tbh.

phily693, heavymetalGAGA, K94 and 9 others like this.
  18. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

"It's gonna be great. And I'm gonna be fine. We all are."

Such simple lines but Quinta delivered them so perfectly. I got emotional.

heavymetalGAGA, Mr.Arroz, K94 and 3 others like this.
  19. I started this last night and ended up watching 8 episodes ddd. The way it gets better with every episode has been so rewarding to watch. It very much feels like getting to see what will become an iconic comedy finding its footing. Honestly, it's already stronger than it has any right to be for the first season, so I can't even imagine where it'll go from here. The cast is just perfect. Ava fucking kills me.

heavymetalGAGA, Mr.Arroz, K94 and 5 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.