Abigail | The Popjustice Forum

Abigail

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by idratherjack, Apr 10, 2008.

1. As my iPod died recently I have been reduced to playing my old walkman (how retro!) but on the plus side it has given me the chance to rediscover a lot of old albums that I sadly only have on cassette. In amongst the excitment of Kim Wilde and Taylor Dayne I came across Abigail's Feel Good which I can't have listened to in over 10 years.

What a fabulous album! She was best known for her cover of Smells Like Teen Spirit (which I loved back in my student days cos it pissed off all the "serious" Nirvana fans) but the whole album is awesome. Abigail has a really melancholy, almost mournful, voice over 90s dance beats. If there's one thing I'm a sucker for it's sad pop songs in the guise of a dance track. There are covers of Losing My Religion, Twist in my Sobriety, Constant Craving and Could It Be Magic, and some of the original songs are great too. Feel Good and Don't You Wanna Know in particular stand out.

Wonder whatever happened to Abigail? Did she release anything else?

2. where have you been hiding

she has had two tracks in the usa done by thunderpuss and that were great,

if it dont fit and let the joy rise

also 'you set me free' and 'falling' written with different people

and then she released an acousticy album a while back

apparently working on new material now as well

www.abigailzsiga.com

http://www.myspace.com/abigailonmyspace

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.