Ace of Base

Love In December is finally on streaming services after I let Playground know it wasn't there.

Ben you're incredible! LOVE IN DECEMBER is the reason I figured out how to use Local Files on Spotify, to then transfer to my mobile Spotify for listening / working out...! I've since created elaborate playlists for all of the demos and alternate mixes still unavailable.

It even got its own album! Just beautiful...

Sofia Wennerberg. Her family doesn’t call her that though.
I don’t think Jenny and Linn got the same amount of money that Ulf and Jonas did but I could be wrong. It’s split four ways mind you and Swedish tax is high. I don’t know if Linn has a business or a job to support herself. “The Sign” was just used in an episode of the new “90210” so there are still royalties coming in.

On some of the podcasts I've listened to (RuPaul's What's The Tee, Vox's Switched on Pop, etc), they've discussed royalties and what it means to have even just 1 hit song in the US that you share a number of points on (vocals / writing / production). It can be very lucrative for many years down the line. The band had several hit singles, and certainly A1 and A2 did very well by today's sale standards.... And that's just the US alone. I suspect with some prudence Linn could be set up for life!

On some of the podcasts I've listened to (RuPaul's What's The Tee, Vox's Switched on Pop, etc), they've discussed royalties and what it means to have even just 1 hit song in the US that you share a number of points on (vocals / writing / production). It can be very lucrative for many years down the line. The band had several hit singles, and certainly A1 and A2 did very well by today's sale standards.... And that's just the US alone. I suspect with some prudence Linn could be set up for life!
Believe it or not, I think their earnings are public record. I think Linn made like over a hundred thousand, below the two grand level a few years ago. I don’t know if that’s before or after taxes. I don’t know how she lives, modestly or whatever. Her house looks very small from the outside. She doesn’t have kids so. I mean that kind of change ain’t bad for work you did decades ago.

Jonas and Ulf have a bunch of kids to support and Jenny works a lot. Linn really only has to support herself.

All four members are listed in the credits of Camila Cabello's latest release, "Liar". Did anyone know about this? Apparently the song samples "All Night Long" (Lionel Ritchie), but I wonder if somehow wires got crossed with AOB's All Night Long (demo)....

Attachments

• 05CC4F69-F5BA-4428-8114-2566CCCED068.png
    05CC4F69-F5BA-4428-8114-2566CCCED068.png
    205.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I think it's because it's basically an Ace of Base production lots of similarities to All That She Wants, although doesn't sound like a proper sample, so strange, but nice they would credit them to begin with (sort of I guess like Taylor and Right Said Fred)

I think it's because it's basically an Ace of Base production lots of similarities to All That She Wants, although doesn't sound like a proper sample, so strange, but nice they would credit them to begin with (sort of I guess like Taylor and Right Said Fred)

It's definitely a nice gesture credit, as lots of tracks sound like that for decades now.

I think this was to avoid comparisons and what happened with Ed Sheeran (Shape of You vs No Scrubs). Kinda cool!

ACE OF BASE GOLD isn't available for pre-order on Canadian Amazon... :-\

The vinyl doesn’t come with Hidden Gems, I don’t think, but that already got a vinyl release.

To my knowledge, Da Capo and The Golden Ratio didn’t get vinyl pressings, right?

The vinyl doesn’t come with Hidden Gems, I don’t think, but that already got a vinyl release.

To my knowledge, Da Capo and The Golden Ratio didn’t get vinyl pressings, right?

Yeah just the first three. I think the Russian label that released the first three has closed down too.